What has been you're Ram experiences

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Well at least mechecally it is good. Would be nice to get the bugs out of this tech.

I've seen many posts in other forums of water pumps going out in Challengers but I haven't had that problem. Haven't see that in here for Rams but my water pump is the original pump.

I was going to get TRX, was even going trade in Rebel. But all of them have been way overpriced. Even "used" ones.
Decided to keep Rebel, plus I've changed bunch of things on it. Then decided to get Charger Redeye. And of course, those are just as overpriced
as the TRX.

I do also have 21 Rubicon. No issues with it. Besides the things I broke.

Last edited:

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bought my 11 Ram 4x4 quad cab with 5.7 used in 2015 with 35k miles on it. I drove it about 5 years and traded it with just over 80k miles and the truck was great. It was starting to get an exhaust leak from the right side manifold which would've needed to be fixed if I kept the truck but it was great otherwise. That was not why I traded it in by the way. I fell in love with a new 21 spitfire orange BTS and wound up making a deal on it. I had the 21 for a couple months and it had water leaking in behind the rear seat. I took into the dealer to get fixed and they wound up replacing the rear sliding window only to find out they misdiagnosed it and had to replace a cab vent which turned out to be the culprit the whole time. Other than that this new 21 has been great as well and I haven't had any other complaints since. I bought it in June of 21 and currently only have just less than 11k miles

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I'll start off by saying I've owned vehicles from Ford, GM, and RAM over the years.

My 2003 Chevy Tahoe Z71 was likely my most reliable vehicle simply because I kept it for 10 years and put 299,000 miles on it. Outside of scheduled maintenance I had to rebuild the transmission and replace both front hub bearings. I don't think the tranny should have gone out, the hubs yes, typical wear items. Encouraged by the 2003 my wife got her a 2008 Tahoe LTZ, a horrible vehicle, constantly in for repairs.

We dumped the 2008 for a 2013 Equinox LTZ. The only issue was a cam solenoid covered by warranty.

The transmission failure on my 2003 got me thinking about a new vehicle and the terrible experience with the 2008 Tahoe and past Ford nightmares I made the jump to a RAM, never before did I ever wander out of the Ford/GM camp having been an employee of both.

I grabbed a 2013 RAM 1500 Hemi with the eight-speed ZF tranny. Two issues, one was the BCM had to be replaced (warranty) due to a door locking issue, and the oil pan had to be replaced due to delamination, I had to pay for that. Not happy, that simply should not happen. After 9 years of drama-free driving, I traded it in for a 2022 Longhorn 1500 ED. I've been driving the 2022 for 10 months and no issues, not even a squeak, rattle, or 12" screen issue.

I also picked up a 2015 Longhorn 3500 SWR with the Cummins powertrain for towing our Montana fifth-wheel RV and my 16-foot dump trailer. One issue with it, the truck has RAM's rear air leveling system and the compressor and right level sensor went out. Both promptly replace under warranty. I was going to replace this vehicle with 2023 but have since changed my mind, the MSRPs have gone way past what I had budgeted for.

clay282

Black Betty had a child... named Betty White
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I'm on my second one. First one was a 2016 Big Horn 4x4 with a Pentastar V6 with 70,000 miles. It did everything I ever asked and more. The only issue I ever had was the fuel cap. I'm sure there was something else at play... A new fuel cap every 6 months or so would fix the small evap leak. I now have a 2019 Big Horn 4.4 with an Etorque Pentastar V6 and better gears, 3:55's and it's also been perfect for 64,000 miles. With the car market / interest rates in chaos... I will be keeping this one for several years to come.

I know the Pentastar isn't the popular motor, but it's always pulled above its specs for me. Cheaper buy in. Cheaper insurance. Cheaper oil changes and basic maintenance. Consistent 21-22mpg. I left this truck stock and haven't done a level or anything, and I probably won't. The only thing I believe is required of the V6 is a throttle controller. Factory throttle mapping SUCKS and it feels like a dog. Put a throttle controller on it and you wouldn't question the engine size.

I did preventative things like the 3rd brake light seal BEFORE the leak came. Both trucks would have very random glitches like the Uconnect screen shutting off and then coming back on, but nothing else. The Gen 3 did have dash lights that flickered when it was really cold outside, but I just turned them up brighter to fix.

I would buy both trucks again. And, in a few years when things get back to some type of normal, I would buy again unless they replace the engine. Then, if the base engine has a solid performance history like the Pentastar, I'll buy that one as well. I know the HEMI is "the motor" to have but, for some of us, the V6 does everything, pulls everything, we need. Very happy with the trucks.

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This my first ram. Bought 3/18… its a ‘17 and had 11k on the clock. Only a couple of recalls. Its now at 79k. No hemi tick and all exhaust manifold bolts intact. I wouldn’t consider any other brand now. I enjoy the truck and its an extension of me and my personality.

My only regrets…I got a great deal on this truck, but I had wanted a Rebel or Sport optioned out. I think I paid $27k. It appraises at near that now lol. I hope to get another 4-5yrs out of it.

ColesRAM

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8
Picked up a 2020 Laramie 1500 in July. It was a lease turn-in with a little over 37K on the odometer. This is my first “real” pick up truck. I’ve owned lots of cars and Jeeps in my 50 years of driving and rebuilt several/restored several of them even large SUVs but not a truck as such. But this Laramie is something else again. I like everything about it and so does my wife. This is the “Rolls Royce” of trucks - classy, smooth ride, roomy, powerful and comfortable, just about everything you’d want in a vehicle. Just returned from a long road trip with it. What fun and a joy to drive. I’ve been having fun adding “stuff” - running boards, hard tonneau bed cover , bed tie downs, etc. The only thing I would change is the dial trans shifter - don’t know why they did that. But it’s a small thing. :)

CamperMike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My Ram has not been perfect but I still love it. I bought it 3 years ago with 34k, had 67k now.

Problems:
Leaking seals allowed water in behind the rear seats... inexpensive but a bit of a pain.
Exhaust manifold... one fixed under warranty at 58k miles the other may be failing now with 67k.
Head failed at 58k miles. Covered under powertrain warranty. Was leaking coolant but did not strand me.

I really have had very few perfect cars. The closest was a ford freestyle my wife had. It almost never gave us trouble. Every other vehicle had some issues. My experience with the truck is middle of the road I'd say and it has time to improve as I'll likely keep it another 4 or 5 years.

chopperdog45

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD 6.7
I bought my 2022 Bighorn 2500 CTD back in July and have only put almost 4K miles on it. I don't feel like having only had it for a few months is long enough to give a meaningful review yet but it has been trouble-free so far. I absolutely love my truck, and thoroughly enjoy driving it. Butter-smooth ride for being a truck, optioned out perfectly for me, and in my opinion, a damn nice looking truck. I look forward to many years of service from this one.

Wanted33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
This is my first ever Ram truck. Owning it for only 3 months we're still in the honeymoon phase of our relationship. I was an F-150 fanboy since the early '80's, and that's all I would buy. When I went to my local Ford dealer, that I have bought many new Fords from, I was treated like a first time walk in when I ask what deal they could make. So I thought screw 'em, I'll research the Rams. With 3300 miles on the odo my Laramie is the nicest truck I've owned, and it has been flawless. I call it my "rolling recliner" as it rides so good. Now, if I can ever get used to that damnable shifter dial. :)

NETim

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Had an exhaust manifold leak on the driver's side @65K. Had to replace the water pump @77K.

Only have 83K on my '14 presently.

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
My 2016 Ram 1500 Express, bought new and traded it off at 50k with only taking it to the dealer one time for recalls.
It was a great truck no complaints.

New truck 2022 2500 PW level 3, so far it’s been great as well.

Attachments

• 571C9032-C1BC-4D88-B156-95E0F9D2FB52.jpeg
    571C9032-C1BC-4D88-B156-95E0F9D2FB52.jpeg
    167.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 5B5D45F7-BB77-439A-B6C9-E4474973A740.jpeg
    5B5D45F7-BB77-439A-B6C9-E4474973A740.jpeg
    198.4 KB · Views: 7
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
My 2016 Ram 1500 Express, bought new and traded it off at 50k with only taking it to the dealer one time for recalls.
It was a great truck no complaints.

New truck 2022 2500 PW level 3, so far it’s been great as well.
The black trim and bumpers makes that power wagon look B@D@$$ !!!

Fatbob Frank

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
The problem with forums is that few people voluntarily come on here and tell you how awesome and completely problem free their truck is...( unless asked)
Forums are for people who want to vent about a problem or research how to fix a problem...

All I can say is - I'm on my 4th dodge truck and it's been the best one yet, but if any of the others had been problematic I wouldn't have spent the money on another one...
I'm not a bragger by nature but I am a cheap b*astard...

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
We haven't been in the modern Mopar family long enough to pass judgement. Bought my 18 Ram 2500 not quite 3 years ago. And it was pretty good. Had to have a couple of warranty items done soon after buying it as a Certified Pre-Owned, but it was solid besides that for the 30K I put on it. Wife's 21 Pacifica has been very good except for a uConnect issue that is hopefully resolved now. My 22 2500 only has 700 miles on it, but no issues so far.

These are the first Mopar products I'd owned since my muscle car days, like my '70 'Cuda 340 Six Pack (bought used). Cars were MUCH more work to keep running back in those days, but they sure were fun.

Anyway, so far we are pretty happy with the Mopar experience. Hoping it continues that way.

Mbi777

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 2019 Laramie 1500 has been a great truck and very happy with it. Only problem I currently have is my passenger power mirror will not fold in or out, and my drivers side will power in and out but will ratchet at the end of the cycle all the way out. Only have to use that feature when going into a car wash so not a big problem at all.

scausey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummings 6.7 turbo
The company that I worked for gave me a work truck every 3 years, so I have driven all three major autos for years. Ram had always been by far the better truck. All brands will have minor issues. But having worked in all 3 US brands I chose a RAM when I retired. Have been happy and always get compliments on my truck every where I go.

Juice17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2019 1500 3.6l e-touque. New transmission under warranty at 40,000 miles. Would not shift out of first. Kept popping out of reverse. Had internal trans failure code. Third brake light leak I fixed myself. Passenger floor gets wet when we get a heavy rain only. Haven't figured that out yet. I've had a rattle over bumps on left side for awhile now. My 2013 1500 hemi only problem I ever had was the exhaust manifold leak. Both covered under extended power train warranty. That truck had over 100,00 and that was only problem I ever had with it.

MikeinSonoma

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8 etorque
Well I dont have too many miles, but I love everything about this truck. 2021 1500 Bighorn CC, V6 etorque, 6500 miles.
I have a 2021 V6 etorque Rebel, what mileage are you getting? The most I was ever able to nurse out of it was 18mpg, I average 16.

Big Herc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I bought and still have a 2014 Ram bighorn, only have 70,000km on it but use it for hauling trailer and lumber and such, the only repair I have done is the oil pressure sensor other than that it looks and runs like new. I had on 2008 before this one and never had an issue, I just love the ram. Will buy another if this one ever dies.

KC5TGQ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Etorque
My 2019 Laramie has been solid except for the push button start button failed and left me stranded. Other than that it is as solid, quite and smooth riding as the day I bought it.