What have you done or like to do to your truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Michael

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What have you done or like to do to your truck? No matter how small or minor or how big. What would make you even happier with your truck?

OP
OP
Michael

Michael

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’ll start. I put Tufftruck springs on my truck so it wouldn’t sag. It bothered me to see it sagg all the time. I also have added aftermarket tires and wheels. Leveled it with bilstein 5100’s. I replaced the speakers with JBL club series for a better sound. To go with th speakers I replaced the head unit with a Pioneer AVH-4509NEX; it has wireless CarPlay and Android auto. I also have a Hemifever tune.

I would like to add steps to it eventually. Maybe some that fold out of the way. A powered sub would help round out the sound in the cab. A new exhaust that sounds and performs good. I would line to re-gear the truck from 3.21’s to something lower.

grizzstang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would like to do something with the chrome bumpers.

Sand blast and color matched LineX will end up costing me $1300 here.

So I thought I would have them wrapped but apparently that **** has gold embedded in it, it was about $800 and wouldn't even be permanent.

I laughed and hung up. I might just live with the chrome.

bohrman44

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Eco Diesel
I would like to do something with the chrome bumpers.

Sand blast and color matched LineX will end up costing me $1300 here.

So I thought I would have them wrapped but apparently that **** has gold embedded in it, it was about $800 and wouldn't even be permanent.

I laughed and hung up. I might just live with the chrome.

Have you thought of Raptor Lining them? The kits are $100 on amazon and super easy to do.....I have done several beds with it and I love it
EDIT: the black kits are $100 But the tintable kits aren't too bad either

Last edited:

46RamMan

U.S. Navy Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Done the Linux thing and now I want to get a tuner to shut off MDS C***:bs:

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
To get rid of MDS ... forever... what a cluster F.....:893Chainsaw-Smilie- :chair: :devilfinger:
Done the Linux thing and now I want to get a tuner to shut off MDS C***:bs:

Hmmmm.....I'm getting the distinct impression you hate MDS. So you're saying you want to get rid of MDS.......? :gr_grin::gr_grin::gr_grin::gr_grin::gr_grin::gr_grin:

Ultimately a stroker with an 8HP70 retrofit. Bout the only place I could go from there is a blower and a 4 link rear in place of the buggy springs.

Mister 4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
If money were no object, I'd convert it to 4WD and dress it up as the Rebel TRX Concept. ;)

But, for now I think I'll just settle with ditching the factory speakers to finish off my stereo upgrade (kept them, but swapped the head unit and added an MTX powered Thunderform).

If the switch to Red Line 5w30 doesn't cure the Hemi tick, I'm thinking a set of JBA shorty headers are in order.

A few things I need to research before deciding to pursue:
  • LED headlights (clear coat on the factory units is starting to deteriorate)
  • Remote/powered folding mirrors (always wanted these)
  • DeeZee tailgate dampers (I'm definitely getting a set of those)
  • Tuner (can't decide if I really want it or not)
  • Some cool subtle cosmetic upgrades so my Ram doesn't look like the other 5 copy-cats in the parking lot (mine was here first, dammit)

dls56

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Seriously thinking about a muffler swap. Just don't want it too loud and especially no drone.

JamesQ324

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a super base model Ram 1500. So, I'm looking into upping the interior to the Big Horn edition, maybe even the Laramie leather. Has anybody done that and if so do you know if there's alot of rewiring needed or is it all plug and play?

Lyle Longboat

2011 Ram 1500 5.7 Sport CC
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What I’d like to do is a new Jay Greene Performance cam. Also upgrade the lifters and heads. Also switch out the interior as in new seats and upholstery. But that’s just something I’d like to do and don’t really have too.
Ton of upgrades already though.

Dan98

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
98 1500 5.2
480int 512exh headers duel straight pipes 6"lift. Would like to go aspirated with performer rpm heads.

Sent from my LG-M150 using Tapatalk

R

Rampower2012

Hmmmm is like to put the BDS 6in lift and some 20 on my ram. And chip it aswel