What inspired you to buy a RAM truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BadAzp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Because those are the trucks i liked

1966 stepside 383/727
1969 fleetside 383/727
1998 rc/sb 318/auto 4x4
2005 qc gomango daytona
2005 rc srt10 yellow fever supercharged
2005 qc srt10 na
2000 dakota qc 2wd 360 3.92 gear

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Actually, I was looking for the Ford Lightening when I was searching for a muscle truck and came across the Hemi RCSB and fell in love with it's timeless lines, bulging, masculine fenders and aggressive looks and it had the kind of style that would hold up and has IMO. The Lightening was already kind of dated looking and now seems way old looking. They're still a beast though.
Best decision I made, I think?

OP
OP
KoboldTaco

KoboldTaco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L
Actually, I was looking for the Ford Lightening when I was searching for a muscle truck and came across the Hemi RCSB and fell in love with it's timeless lines, bulging, masculine fenders and aggressive looks and it had the kind of style that would hold up and has IMO. The Lightening was already kind of dated looking and now seems way old looking. They're still a beast though.
Best decision I made, I think?
Good looking machine. I’m watching the TFL series on their purchase of the lightning and first tests/experiences driving it back from the plant To Colorado. Their perspective was that Ford did right by not redesigning the Lightning so that it would look like the other F-150 trucks out there. I agree it didn’t need a radical redesign but the 150 look could use an update.

Wanted33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
First off, I hope you recover from your injuries soon. My wife was a Physical Therapist, and she always told her patients "No pain, no gain". So listen to your PT, fight through the pain, and get well soon.

I have always been a Ford guy. Back in '19 the wife and I decided we wanted to play, so I traded my '13 F-150 Platinum for a '19 Wrangler. Then Ford announced the Bronco. I reserved one on Oct. 04, 2020. With the supply problems, and Fords missteps I was told I may get the thing in 2024. So, I waited. Over Christmas we decided we really didn't want another off road 4X4. We wanted something that rode/drove good, and was comfortable also. After the Bronco fiasco I knew Ford had lost their way, and after owning the Jeep for three years with zero problems we took a look at the Ram. Damn that 5th gen Ram is a good looking truck. Then we took a test drive, and that Ram 1500 was like driving my recliner down the road. We were sold, and now I'm a recovering Fordaholic. Then it was finding a dealer that would act like they had some sense. I have a friend that gave me a Friends and Family discount number, but even with that dealers were sticking add-ons on their trucks with a stupid high prices. I finally found one that gave me a straight up F&F discount with no add-ons, and we ordered the truck last Monday.

Laramie 1500 in Flame Red w/5.7L
Sports Package
Advanced Saftey package
Level 2 Equipment group
Wheel Well Liner, and Floor mats.

I'm as happy as a fat kid eatin' cake, and can't wait till she's home.

OP
OP
KoboldTaco

KoboldTaco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L
First off, I hope you recover from your injuries soon. My wife was a Physical Therapist, and she always told her patients "No pain, no gain". So listen to your PT, fight through the pain, and get well soon.

I have always been a Ford guy. Back in '19 the wife and I decided we wanted to play, so I traded my '13 F-150 Platinum for a '19 Wrangler. Then Ford announced the Bronco. I reserved one on Oct. 04, 2020. With the supply problems, and Fords missteps I was told I may get the thing in 2024. So, I waited. Over Christmas we decided we really didn't want another off road 4X4. We wanted something that rode/drove good, and was comfortable also. After the Bronco fiasco I knew Ford had lost their way, and after owning the Jeep for three years with zero problems we took a look at the Ram. Damn that 5th gen Ram is a good looking truck. Then we took a test drive, and that Ram 1500 was like driving my recliner down the road. We were sold, and now I'm a recovering Fordaholic. Then it was finding a dealer that would act like they had some sense. I have a friend that gave me a Friends and Family discount number, but even with that dealers were sticking add-ons on their trucks with a stupid high prices. I finally found one that gave me a straight up F&F discount with no add-ons, and we ordered the truck last Monday.

Laramie 1500 in Flame Red w/5.7L
Sports Package
Advanced Saftey package
Level 2 Equipment group
Wheel Well Liner, and Floor mats.

I'm as happy as a fat kid eatin' cake, and can't wait till she's home.
I just had my date with the dealer this weekend and she’s tucked away here at home. It is more incredible than imagined or obsessed over watching countless You Tube videos.

I’m hearing some unfortunate news with the HD’s as in Cummins has not supplied engines to the plant for sequencing. I do think everyone wants this to be over; but I think we are Not yet crawling out of this hole.

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
I had a '17 GMC sierra SLT that struggled to pull our travel trailer so I was shopping for something that would do a better job, I drove the Laramie I have now just for grins because they had just come out with the new model and it was in a whole different world better than the sierra and so I bought it. so far I have been glad that I did.