What inspired you to buy a RAM truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Will do! I'm actually in the middle of coats of clear on the box while typing this! I do have a build here on the whole thing as well!

I remember building my own. It's a lot of hard work but I always had a lot of pride when I finished. There's just something about doing the work yourself when it's done. Glad to see there's still people like yourself still around.

RBJRBJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L V8 MDS VVT eTorque Engine
Wanted a comfortable riding truck with all the capabilities a pickup has to offer. Got a 2021 Longhorn Limited in tri-color Pearl White with MFT and RamBox. Truck rides like a luxury sedan on the highways and offers multiple storage inside and outside. RAM simply offered the best ride with great utility.

spacex

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Dad always had ramchargers or 1500s as plow rigs. There are other great trucks out there, but I’m a Ram guy through and through.

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Had to join the small ***** lifted truck club ! And the Ram is the douchiest of them all. I fit right in !

Froddoyo

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I remember building my own. It's a lot of hard work but I always had a lot of pride when I finished. There's just something about doing the work yourself when it's done. Glad to see there's still people like yourself still around.
Here are some pics of the truck :)
20220327_172832.jpg
20220327_172808.jpg20220327_172746.jpg

JF19Longhorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 ETorque
Been a Ford guy all my life and have owned many, many Fords.. still do actually.

Well, Ford would not take their lemon back and lowballed the **** out of me on the trade-in. Went across the street to RAM and they offered me KBB trade-in (PreCovid), so I bought a RAM.

metalchewy

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 TRX4
Engine
4.7L
I was Raised mopar. Deviated for few years here and there. But always come back to mopar. Have three at the house now. An old Dart GT Vert, Ram 1500, Redline R/T Challemger

Quality, performance, and a great looking rides.

Canadianbreed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 outdoorsman 5.7
Always been into trucks, but the ram was a truck that stuck out to me the most. From what I think has a clean and nice interior along with the exterior of rams have a mean look to them. Definitely always liked the rounded shape to the front of a ram

Reldn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Price, and the fact that my current truck is falling apart on me. '04 F-150 XLT that has served me well for quite a few years now, but, the rust is getting worse and little things are starting to go wrong with it one after another. Sadly, due to Ford royally ticking me off with the Bronco fiasco(Hello Jeep!) and the pricing of F-150s being insane I really wasn't feeling like getting another Ford.

Started looking around at other truck brands and did some building and pricing. Strangely, at that time I hadn't really looked at Ram yet, but, got to thinking about that old Dodge Ram that my Dad had for a while before he passed. (That old truck looked like hell and still ran like it was brand new.) and started researching them.

I saw the Ram 1500 Bighorn with the BackCountry package and it just clicked with me. That was the one, hands down! I got an order placed, and just recently got my Window sticker and notified that it's in the shipping stage. Between the Jeep and now this truck it's turning into a Mopar household.

Here's to hoping that my new Ram will be every bit as badass as the one my Dad had.

ShaunS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
I've always been a Chevy guy...had a Z71 Tahoe and an SS Impala but it is just something about the growl of a Mopar that secretly had me intrigued. Once the tranny went on my hoe my ex-wife encouraged me to pick up a Grand Caravan (stop laughing). As funky as it was to drive a "looser cruiser" that damn thing ran beautifully...(I said stop laughing). My uncle the mechanic told me that Dodge makes a solid truck and I should consider making the leap. So, now kids are no longer kiddies and the new wife is all about my happiness, which I call it "Ramtopia". Ordered a 1500 5.7 Hemi Night Edition...it's in KZ status sooo any day now. My sales guy says they have rail cars backed up from Columbia, SC to Charleston so patience is a virtue.

All my guys have either Chevys or Tundras (I know right) So I'm anxious to see their faces when I show up to the range in my beast. No, it's not a 2500, that's next, but the 5.7 is going to roar with my Flowmaster Outlaw roar charcoal tips of course. I can't wait and it has been a pleasure reading everyone's experiences here, looking forward to being a part of the Ram family soon.

Socalramfan

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Big Horn
Engine
I've always been a Chevy guy...had a Z71 Tahoe and an SS Impala but it is just something about the growl of a Mopar that secretly had me intrigued. Once the tranny went on my hoe my ex-wife encouraged me to pick up a Grand Caravan (stop laughing). As funky as it was to drive a "looser cruiser" that damn thing ran beautifully...(I said stop laughing). My uncle the mechanic told me that Dodge makes a solid truck and I should consider making the leap. So, now kids are no longer kiddies and the new wife is all about my happiness, which I call it "Ramtopia". Ordered a 1500 5.7 Hemi Night Edition...it's in KZ status sooo any day now. My sales guy says they have rail cars backed up from Columbia, SC to Charleston so patience is a virtue.

All my guys have either Chevys or Tundras (I know right) So I'm anxious to see their faces when I show up to the range in my beast. No, it's not a 2500, that's next, but the 5.7 is going to roar with my Flowmaster Outlaw roar charcoal tips of course. I can't wait and it has been a pleasure reading everyone's experiences here, looking forward to being a part of the Ram family soon.
Welcome to the other side :waytogo:

Fediej

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel

Sorry, still laughing!

Bigs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Pure and simple, PRICE.

RAM still sells the Classic and that for me was a winner. All I wanted was a Night Edition 4x4 crew cab truck, LSD, with tow package, cold weather group, Android Auto. This truck was on the lot. All other brands were more expensive and wasn't really impressed by their interior as well. Not like my Classic has an amazing interior, it's functional and looks, good, it's trying to justify paying 8K more that didn't jive for me.

Super happy so far and I love my truck. No major complaints.

zogg

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram Express Quad Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had always been a ford guy with an occasional gmc. My son started selling Chrysler vehicles and I had been contemplating a new f150. Wife said to go visit your son and buy from him. I said I don’t think I’d like a ram.
After my test drive I was sold. So smooth and roomy. I’ve had four rams since. I’d have a new Rebel if prices weren’t so jacked up. Ugh

Luau_Pig

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I fell in love with Ram after the 2nd Gen appeared on Walker Texas Ranger when I was around 8 or 9. Picked up a 2001 Sport soon as I got my first job. Ran that for 10 years before moving to a 2015 4th Gen. Had that for 3 years before it was totaled in an accident. Picked up the 2019 Classic that I've now owned for almost another 3 years. My wife attempted to convince me to trade in my 01 Ram for a more economical vehicle when we first started dating. She now owns her own Ram as well.

kissmysta

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi eTorque
Wishing you lots of luck, love and light on your road to recovery!

I've always dreamed of having a truck. Growing up in a small town in GA, everyone I knew had one. I was hoping to get a bronco (not the new ones) but I don't know anything about cars to do my own repairs/maintenance. So that dream just got pocketed. I then just let life's excuses get in the way.. gas prices during the last recession, I wanted something fast and a convertible, then I was having a baby, and now that I'm moving into the next phase and chapter of my life, a truck finally fits!

I did tons of research on different brands and my basic requirements were full leather seats, heated steering wheel, heated seats, and it had to look good! I've only ever owned Toyota, BMW, Mercedes, Smart, and currently Subaru. So venturing out into Ram territory was a leap.

The 1500 limited had everything I wanted, plus so much more for a better look than the competitors (in my own personal opinion).

This is not only my first Ram, it's my first truck, and first custom build. I've always just picked something off the lot, but this one has everything I chose!

Super excited for these 10-15 weeks to pass quickly, though I want to enjoy the time. Anyway, I'm a rambler and over sharer..

BolletuH

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
We always had Fords growing up in my family, but I decided to jump wagon and try a different brand. Started out with a RAM 1500 EcoDiesel that was great on fuel economy, but couldn't tow very much weight without feeling like it struggled. I blame that significantly on the 3.21 rear end that was in it. Eventually traded up to a 2500 Cummins, and only after sinking $25K into do I actually like it now. I WILL NOT BE GETTING ANOTHER RAM FOR MY NEXT TRUCK. Trust me I will miss the powerhouse of the Cummins, but the rest of the truck is absolute ****. Don't get me wrong I absolutely anticipate issues with the other brands, but primarily the choice is driven by being burned by the dealerships and Chrysler corporate directly. Just waiting on the new Sierras to come out to go back to a truck with IFS and electronic assisted steering/handling. It amazes me so many of you guys have been driving RAM HD for decades and the loose steering/poor handling doesn't drive you absolutely bonkers.

AS PREVIOUSLY STATED I UNDERSTAND OTHER MANUFACTURERS HAVE THEIR OWN ISSUES, BUT I'M BURNT ON RAM AND WILL TRY SOMETHING ELSE FOR A CHANGE.

Also sorry to hear about your trauma. Glad recovery is on the uphill.