What is going on at Line-X?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

davepen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Two of my local Line-X dealers finally responded to my request for a quote to get my 6'4" bed sprayed, under the rail and minus the tailgate (it's being removed).

Both dealers quoted about $700 for the basic, black liner; almost $900 for UV-stable and colored options even more.

What kind of f*ckery is this? People must be paying these prices, but I can't believe it.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Probably a shortage on the supply end for the manufacturer and less volume on the dealer end causing the price increase.

eljefe

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I just got my exhaust tips done for $55.00. My grill is getting sprayed Monday. Last thing to get done will be my rear bumper. They will spray both sides of grill and bumper to ensure no pealing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just got my 6.4 sprayed with the premium Line-X and it was $599.00. I am guessing location plays a big part of pricing. The standard was $499 and my buddy got that and to be honest they look about the same. The upgrades is supposed to be a bit smoother and more UV protected but close enough that if I had to do it over I would have gotten the basic. That was for under the rails and with tailgate.

Larry Bam

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Rebel
Engine
I have been waiting for 3 months now. Local line x dealer said there was a major shortage of material and they had a wait list. I'm finally going in this Friday.

ab22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
holeee crap that's expensive.

i did my entire 8' bed and tailgate with a Raptor kit for like $125 and a little elbow grease.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
I paid 450 over ten years ago, worth every penny. That doesnt seam out of line with current situation. My daily food was 5.99 a pound a year ago, it is now 12.99 a pound, 10 years ago with was 4.99 a pound. It is what happens when the gov prints money, get used to it or get used to not having things you want. Plenty more to come regardless how we feel about it, it is what it is.

Look what is happening when guys are selling their trucks, they are making more then ever before. Anything being sold even by you now costs more.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Ram Member hemi395 just bought the same exact rims from the same exact seller I bought mine from months ago on jan 15, I paid 599 and he paid 729 give or take for the same exact rims from an ebayer 100% satisfaction. Feelings on price increases are useless right now, just have to accept what is. Whether we get mad about it or not, it still is happening. Dont shoot the messenger, with all due respect.

PoMansRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I paid somewhere around $400 21yrs ago to get my 1998 Chevy K1500 reg cab short bed line-x'd. That stuff has never been cheap in the Buffalo NY area. Do I like it enough to pay a grand all-in? Absolutely not. Then again, my truck is not a ~$60K fancy job. I'm more than happy with the plastic drop in and $40 home depot bed mat I have in my 2019 classic.

Larry Bam

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Rebel
Engine
Just paid $450 to have my 2021 Rebel done. Third truck done by Line X with no issues.

BluDodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
+1 on material shortages. We just talked to a Line X dealer, they are booking appointments for December, contingent on the material coming in.

Kart20

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just paid $550 to Line-X in central Indiana - just the basic spray-in liner. But the cost of living is relatively cheap here. I bet it costs more in other areas.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I don't know if it will effect prices or not.
The dock workers have agreed to change from working 6 days a week, to working 7 days a week, 24 hours per day to get all those ships off loaded, that are anchored of the coasts.

The Trucking outfits are now allowed to drive more hours a day, the driving hours restrictions have been temporarily modified.

Local route truck drivers don't get paid by the mile, they are salaried, so chances are, they won't move any faster

grizzstang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The Line-X dealers in my city lace their product with gold or at least that is what their prices indicate. Everytime I call for a quote I am stunned at what they want to charge me so I stopped calling them. I had my Line-X done through the dealer when I bought my truck for $400 CAD which was considerably cheaper than what they would have charged me directly. There are other products around like Line-X so I would see what they want for the job. Honestly I have used a couple other spray on box liners and I don't find that Line-X is any more durable, I have gouged my tailgate a couple of times already, but it sure makes your wallet lighter.

MoparMan380

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 E-Torque
Man the price I received for a Rebel short bed is$799 in downstate NY. Holy moly some of you guys got some good deal at around $500 bucks. Am I getting shafted here by my local line-x dealer???

PoMansRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Man the price I received for a Rebel short bed is$799 in downstate NY. Holy moly some of you guys got some good deal at around $500 bucks. Am I getting shafted here by my local line-x dealer???

That's nuts. Add the wonderful NYS sales tax to that and you're closer to $900 for a basic line-x job.

I'd rather use a nice weather tech or other brand bed mat. At least you can re-use or sell it if you need to.

Elvira

Reaction score
It is expensive in Canada too at some businesses, too rich for me for the benefits. I dont carry anything harsh in my truck and it is brutal to kneel on too. I decided to go with a BedRug, very nice throughout cargo area, cushioned and very durable. The BedRug was on sale so it ended up being much less than linex. I have had linex before and wasn't really worth the money for me. Too much cash just for looks, reason i did the BedRug, it looks much nicer.

LugsLeadOut84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi

We get shafted because we live in this area. It's the cost of living. Any service where labor is involved will be higher where the cost of living is higher.
Ask how many other people pay $11,000+ in property taxes for a basic house on a 80 x 100 lot? Other parts of the country experience the same - you know the deal.

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
I agree, still worth it. I've beaten the snot out of my bed for four years and the liner is holding up really well.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joeyoliver45