What is the Best bang for the buck on tires. 275/60/20

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Peter Kerr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Bridgestone Dueler H/L. Most miles I’ve got from a tire. Mine are 20’s

boblonben

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Don't laugh - - Discount Pathfinder A/Ts. Great tires, good traction, great gas mileage, wonderful price. Also would consider BFGoodrich Rugged Terrain T/A. Have both of these of my two RA<s. Stock size on both.

Floodload

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Ram Laramie
Engine
Cooper tires is the last American owned tire company. I replaced mine with the white letter ones from Walmart for about $570 installed. Ordered online shipped them to the store. I changed the size to 275/55/20 instead of the 275/60/20. good luck on your choice

patmanz28

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I have the continental terraincontact HT. best truck tires i have ever used. great traction, quiet, no MPG penalty. Long wearing, and not very expensive.

MRFREEZE57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
if you do not use it for serious off road use the Michelin Defender is a great tire, had a set installed a few months back due to a great deal from Discount tire. we had a snow storm last month, they worked great in those conditions and also are quiet.

PJ Snyder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I need new tires on my 2012 Ram. I been buying Goodyear sra’s since i bought it in 2013 but only get 2 yrs/20,000 miles out of them. What tire would you guys suggest?
My choice would be BF Goodrich K02. I have used them both on my Ram and Grand Cherokee. They handle well and last a long time.

bigred90gt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I know everyone is just throwing in the tires they run, so I'll do the same. Cooper Evolution HT. My truck has left the pavement once since I've owned it, so the Nitto Ridge Grapplers I put on it were not necessary (and expensive, and rode like garbage). When they were getting worn down and would no longer balance, I replaced them with the Coopers and remembered why I bought the truck in the first place. Ride is fantastic, traction is fantastic. They did fine in the snow/freeze we had in Texas a few weeks ago, and we average almost 60" of rain per year and so far so good in the rain.

Glen OS

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can't go wrong with the Falken Wildpeak. I got almost 30k miles on them. Just replaced them with Yokohama Geolander A/T GO15's. They are H speed rated and had 5k more on tread warranty. So far they are great, much quieter than the Falkens, tread is not as aggressive. Will see how they do when I have to pull son in law out of somewhere.

plamarre1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I'm using General Grabber HTS60 and love them. They're quiet, great in rain and snow plus give a smooth ride and are rated for 65000 miles They are a huge improvement over the SRA garbage. I've got almost 10,000 miles on them and see no signs of wear. I will buy another set once these are spent.

dragstrip69

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 e-torque
The truck has the OEM Bridgestone's, I'll swap them over to Michelin Defender LTX at 10k service. Good fuel economy, nice ride and 60k pls service miles.

I put them on every truck I own, even the wifes Rav4 runs them.

jimboschnitz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I'm a believer in the Michelin LTX M/S. Had them on my 2016 and still had 7/32 after 48K miles when I traded it. I also have a
2007 Ridgeline that I put Michelin LTX AT2 and now have almost 59,000 miles and they still have at least 6/32 all around. If you don't need an aggressive tread for playing off road and are only interested in a good all season tire, the LTX M/S will get you good mileage and you won't suffer any fuel mileage loss.

Jim Bowker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How do you use your truck?
Off road, tow, haul?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I think this is an important question. If I seldom tow, drive mostly highway miles, never peel out, and never drive on gravel roads, I'll get 40,000 miles out of a set of SRA's. If you tow 50% of the time and spend the other 50% on gravel roads, you may get half the mileage out of them that I did.

Since I've been working from home for the past year, I drive a whole lot less. My SRA's only have about 30,000 on them so far.

The reason I point this out is that if I switch to Wildpeaks and say that I'm getting 50,000 miles out of them, you will not get the same mileage I do and will be disappointed when you only get 30,000 out of them.

TOMMYGUNNZZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L HEMI
I agree with a previous poster. I have Falken Wild Peaks on all my trucks and cars now. Great for all weather. If ur gonna kill the trails COOPERS all the way. I’ve never had good experiences with Goodyear’s ever.

Ludville1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi Sport Crew
I have the Goodyear ultraterrain it's a Discount tire exclusive but so far so good. Alot better then the sra's in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I am seriously considering getting those for my truck. How many miles on them so far?

Last edited:

Jim Bowker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Everything is a compromise.
Softer rubber sticks better, but harder rubber lasts longer.
Low profile, wide tires give better traction & handling, but in snow you want tall & skinny.
Tread patterns that are made to excel off-road will not outperform street tires when both are on the street.
Anything you gain in one category often costs you in other categories. You need to pick what options are most important to you and then base your decision on what fits best for that scenario.

It's true that expensive tires often last longer, but even then, that isn't always the best choice. My truck is a 2017 and only has 30,000 miles on it so far. Now it would be foolish for me I spend a fortune to get tires that will last 70,000 miles. Why? I'd have to keep them on there for 9 years before I reached that mileage! I don't want 9 year old tires on my truck! Now back when I was driving 40,000 miles a year, I'd pick treadwear as the most important factor.

Hope that makes sense.

McIrish

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am seriously considering getting those for my truck. How may miles on them so far?
Not too many probably about 1k but they are great in the Las Vegas desert and do well in the little snow we have around us in the mountains. Smooth as silk in the highway. i know i do not have alot on them but way better then sra's. I went with the 275/65r20 on the stock wheels.

Perferd

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Everything is a compromise.
Softer rubber sticks better, but harder rubber lasts longer.
Low profile, wide tires give better traction & handling, but in snow you want tall & skinny.
Tread patterns that are made to excel off-road will not outperform street tires when both are on the street.
Anything you gain in one category often costs you in other categories. You need to pick what options are most important to you and then base your decision on what fits best for that scenario.

It's true that expensive tires often last longer, but even then, that isn't always the best choice. My truck is a 2017 and only has 30,000 miles on it so far. Now it would be foolish for me I spend a fortune to get tires that will last 70,000 miles. Why? I'd have to keep them on there for 9 years before I reached that mileage! I don't want 9 year old tires on my truck! Now back when I was driving 40,000 miles a year, I'd pick treadwear as the most important factor.

Hope that makes sense.

That's a great way to look at it and good advice...

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The op didn't list the specifics, what type of tire, for what driving conditions etc. That's where i would start, I don't really ask much for what tires cause i know i'll get "im running xyz" :)

So If we're assuming replacements are needed a good start can be Tirerack.
Price is almost always the thing that makes me happy. So assuming highway tires as replacements for the SRA's then Kumho Crugen HT51 or Conti Terrain Contact HT will be my choice.

upload_2021-3-8_14-37-31.png

If i was looking at other deals with much better prices and something decent, the Coopers HT plus at $138 are a steal.
upload_2021-3-8_14-41-11.png