What is this called and is it safe to drive back to the dealership?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LouM

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Ecodiesel crewcab old/ now 2019 Laramie Hemi
Engine
eco diesel old / now Hemi missing the eco's mileage
Do you really think there could be damage from it not being there? I know anything is possible but I'd like a tech or engineer to chime in
I'm not a tech or an engineer but if that crossmember bolted right up easily with no unusual effort nothing got tweaked.

OP
OP
Frankwhoa

Frankwhoa

Reaction score
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm not a tech or an engineer but if that crossmember bolted right up easily with no unusual effort nothing got tweaked.
I would tend to agree. Everything feels nice and straight.

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
My worry would be if it was not there, would the frame twist, hit a bad pot hole could be bad, maybe I am overthinking it
A care drive should not hurt it
But that service? Tech really screwed up . Not like a piece of plastic trim

1 MEAN66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT-MDS
Make sure you tell the tow operator BEFORE he hooks to it!!!!!

TC Retired

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ED
I would think that even if the crossmember bolted up easily that there would be enough slop in the bolt holes that it COULD be sprung a little. But time will tell if he has tire wear or abnormal pulling to one side or the other as mentioned above.

The engine is a lot of weight hanging over that area. After all, FCA would not have wasted the $100/vehicle if it were not absolutely necessary...

MAKE SURE THAT YOU KEEP ALL DOCUMENTATION FOR FUTURE PROBLEMS.

Kenobi

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3L Diesel
Holy crap what a miss. My philosophy is always, "If they forgot one thing, they forgot two." Like mentioned, keep an eye on things and check underneath occasionally for something (else) loose or missing.

2020PW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
All Trusted Mechanics shops have a sign posted out in Public View

Blue Seal Program

ASE : Automotive Service Excellence

Repair Businesses

(Dealerships, Independent Repair Shops, Fleet Garages, etc.)
  • At least 75% of technicians performing diagnosis and repairs must be ASE Certified
  • Each area of service offered in the shop must be covered by at least one ASE Certified technician

Since they closed the Express Lane Service Area & moved everyone over to the Main Repair Area,
They no longer have that Blue Seal sign on the building
Is it because they repainted the building ?
OR ?

Lol, all that means is they can read a book and pass a test.

Ask a shop to do something simple like an oil change and see what you get back. If it’s a mess, move on. A good shop will give it back better than they got it, pride in work and attention to detail.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
Lol, all that means is they can read a book and pass a test.

Ask a shop to do something simple like an oil change and see what you get back. If it’s a mess, move on. A good shop will give it back better than they got it, pride in work and attention to detail.
So spot on it isn't funny. If you walk into a shop that isn't clean, well organised and professional, don't even let them do an oil change. Find another one. The pride they take in their shop will be reflected in the pride they exhibit in the work they do for you.

Octane

Reaction score
A good friend of mine and another man split the labor prices for the work done in the mans shop. The sad part was the shop was a disaster. Junk everywhere, toolboxes with wrenches and even car parts scattered on top the tool boxes.Axles from a car just laying on the dirty floor, picked up and slid right back into the rearend after a seal replacement. I didnt let them touch my truck. He was actually a skilled repair mechanic and diagnostic guy. But he was just a slob with it.I couldnt stand it.
I have a cleaner shop in my backyard.