What is this noise?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jetski29

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram Express Quad
Engine
5.7L
Hey everyone, I have a 2017 Ram 1500, 5.7 4wd that has been running a couple thousand miles with a tune. I sent an email to the guy who did my tune to see what he says but wanted to see what you guys thought as well. It has a rattle that is super noticeable when the tune is on, but almost completely dissapears when it is reverted to factory. Not 100% but it seems like its transmission or torque converter noise to me but I could be wrong of course. Just wanted to get some other input on what it might be. When at factory settings what I hear that might be a similar noise is only noticeable when it has a high load in the low end of a gear and occurs during a shift up.

Thanks!

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
DUNNO, lol, sounds something is rattling around in the drive train. But from where, hard to isolate U have a nice exhaust system on yer ride.

OP
OP
J

Jetski29

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram Express Quad
Engine
5.7L
Yeah it seems drivetrain to me, I've watched many a videos and cannot seem to find one that has a similar sound. Granted that noise is almost gone without the tune which is weird to me. And no matter where I put the gopro it just echos underneath.

Thanks for the compliment! I'm running Carven exhaust on mine and love it.

Brian2081

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey there Jet, it may be trans related. Took a couple times watching and listening, but the click/ rattle happens when trans changes gears.