What jack do you use?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Basslicks

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
I got a Craftsman Floor jack a few years ago for christmas. I now keep it in the truck, especially now that I have a boat trailer. Last time my fiance needed AAA she was stuck for over an hour in a closed mall parking lot at night. I got up there as soon as I could and got her, she still didn't hear from them for another hour. Waiting on the road is more dangerous than changing a tire on the road. The quicker you are gone, the better.

Agreed. I keep reflectors, and flares in the truck for that exact reason though. Have had too many instances of FHP and tow truck drivers gettin' hit and they're more visible than my pickup truck... every little bit helps. Also have a reflective vest too.

OP
OP
Craw

Craw

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Think I am set.

*12 ton Low profile Bottle Jack from U.S. Jack
*3 ton jack stands from U.S. Jack
*Monoprice Weatherproof case for B Jack
*SafeJack 12 ton kit for w.e. life throws
*Chalk Blocks

I got the 12 ton low profile due to the front end of the truck sitting 9 1/2 inch off the ground the low profile is 6 1/2 inches tall so it will account for a flat.

20180724_165142.jpg

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
I keep two 5 tin bottle jacks in my toolbox

78Staff

US Navy Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
What's the opinion of Omega Bottle jacks - I notice SafeJack uses the Omega as their stock jack in the kit. I was looking at US Jack also, based on @Craw 's recommendation above. Is Omega just another HF/Ironton/Sears/Toring/BigRed Offshore jack, or a decent model?

Ysook1212

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Triple A premium. 200 mile towing. I keep a floor jack in a case with a piece of 4x4 just in case.

LugsLeadOut84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
MADDOG, do you have the Hi-Lift accessories (bumper attachment, hitch attachment, etc)? I was thinking about picking one of them up but our trucks don't have jack-points for them, so it seemed too complicated for us to use...what do you use? I was discussing this on another thread and know people who swear by them but they have Wranglers.

PaulTGarrett

Grumpy old man
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
408 Cummins Turbo Diesel
I have the bumper attachment and also the "wheel lift" attachment... Basically a couple of hooks on straps that you can hook into your wheel and lift the wheel off the ground. To change my tires, that's what I use. Break the lugs, lift the wheel, jack stand under the axle, remove the tire, install the tire... reverse the procedure.

I -have- lifted the entire ass end of my truck by sticking the Hi-Lift into the trailer hitch. It was a unique situation where my choices were limited. I do -NOT- recommend doing that. EVER. And I wouldn't ever do it again. I would go out of my way to find another option.

LugsLeadOut84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Thanks PTG.....You can get a receiver hitch attachment as well for those situations. Makes it a lot safer.

plugin_rollover_images.jpg

78Staff

US Navy Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
For anyone looking at the SafeJack kits and accessories in @Craw's posts above - SafeJack is running a 20% off promo though 5/15 - code is GEARUP2019