What mods /best mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CincyCuda68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I keep going back and forth on de-chroming my granite crystal laramie. Pics like this make me want the chrome gone. Your truck turned out great!!!
Thank you very much!

If it helps you, I bought new bumpers and grill that are paintable and still have the chrome, so if I wanted to go back all I would need to buy would be emblems.

I spent $750 on the paintable grill and bumpers so not too bad money wise.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thank you very much!

If it helps you, I bought new bumpers and grill that are paintable and still have the chrome, so if I wanted to go back all I would need to buy would be emblems.

I spent $750 on the paintable grill and bumpers so not too bad money wise.

I also have the damn chrome door handles, mirrors and tail lights too that I would have to deal with.

So the grill and bumpers were only $750? Did you paint yours body color or leave em black?

ReefRaider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I keep going back and forth on de-chroming my granite crystal laramie. Pics like this make me want the chrome gone. Your truck turned out great!!!

That's kind of where I'm headed. The grille is a work in progress gonna end up painted to match . Along with the door handles. Bumpers and step bars will get Matt black power coat. Already started removing all the emblems. Might just get two 392 emblems in
If I had the coin, I would do just about every engine mod that a member on here that goes by "theviking" did on his 6.4. Sounds like you already have a good start. I added a headache rack to mine to give it a little more cool factor. Plus the lights will help when I am hitching up trailers. I also bought the ICI Magnum step bars. I think they look cool but they rusted after two winters.

View attachment 158496

View attachment 158497

You wouldn't happen to have a link to said thread ?? Or point me in that direction maybe ? I'll be looking around for that in the mean time. This is where I started .
9acGk1.jpg

CincyCuda68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I also have the damn chrome door handles, mirrors and tail lights too that I would have to deal with.

So the grill and bumpers were only $750? Did you paint yours body color or leave em black?
Grill is black and bumpers are body color. Damn didn’t think about the mirrors and handles.

OP
OP
J

juiced351

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
6.4 hemi

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nick do you have to visit dealer with the TazerRAM ? Not sure if my local dealer would know what I was talking about lol

*tire psi setting requires dealer trip, so the vehicle can recognize the change. Disabling TPMS system altogether and turning off the warning symbol does NOT require the dealer.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
One thing worth noting, is if you leave the tazer plugged in it will keep the low tire light from coming on.

m25443

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
*tire psi setting requires dealer trip, so the vehicle can recognize the change. Disabling TPMS system altogether and turning off the warning symbol does NOT require the dealer.

If you drop your tire pressure more than 20% below the TPMS Setpoint/threshold the TPMS warning lights up on your dash. Tazer does not let you adjust the setpoint. The dealer can (but somewon't) and they will charge you a crazy amount (in most cases). Buy AlfaOBD and OBDlink MX+, get the 4 digit pin from your dealer and then you can adjust the setpoint as many times as you want. Very helpful if you switch from one tire to another and they have different PSI ratings.

m25443

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Fav mod was pasti dipping the red grill slats on my black 2015 with a nice black color. Second best mod was removing most of the massive graphics off the bed.

Tazer and AlfaOBD have been lots of fun to configure things the way I want them. Anxiously awaiting the next Tazer RAM version release.

White Knuckle sliders, Dethloff skip plate and Purple Cranium diff guards at both ends are mods I think I'll really appreciate at Moab in April/May.

35" Ridge Grapplers also a nice upgrade.

Tonneau cover and Weatherguard in-bed tool chest also very useful mods.

HID headlights are great for those late night runs in rural Texas.

OP
OP
J

juiced351

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
6.4 hemi
If you drop your tire pressure more than 20% below the TPMS Setpoint/threshold the TPMS warning lights up on your dash. Tazer does not let you adjust the setpoint. The dealer can (but somewon't) and they will charge you a crazy amount (in most cases). Buy AlfaOBD and OBDlink MX+, get the 4 digit pin from your dealer and then you can adjust the setpoint as many times as you want. Very helpful if you switch from one tire to another and they have different PSI ratings.
how hard is it to operate the alpha obd ?

WY-Dave

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
6.7 CTD
For me and the wife, we are both short, side rails!

For my old blind eyes driving at night on the lone deserted country highway, RC 20" light

To keep her clean, WeatherTech liners

To prevent fuel contamination, the Amazon specials on the DEF and Fuel caps.

Redheadhunter21

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
how hard is it to operate the alpha obd ?

Not hard at all if you go to the first page of the alfaOBD thread it has most of the info you ever need in the first post, with a google doc and links

mjf6175

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins
I debated with myself about replying here, simply because I would have a very hard time listing what my favorite mods are. The problem starts with my 2017 Ram 2500 being a regular cab, rare as a unicorn according to Ram. Worse, Ram allows only 2 trim levels and not allowing you to order most options (eg: leather seats; heated/ventilated seats; heated steering wheel, RA4, Sport Appearance pkg; etc....). So I went on a mission to build it my way. That lead to numerous mods and extensively using the Alpha OBD program to enable the many changes. I too debadged my Ram but kept one small badge, I replaced the chrome Cummins badge on the front fender with the blacked out version. Was going to change out the chrome bumpers as well. But after taking the badges off, replacing the chrome grille shell with a painted grille shell with a black stainless mesh insert, and blackened quad lights, the chrome bumpers grew on me, especially the rear one that I changed to a dual exhaust. Some pics:

421390[/ATTACH]']UN8xh1Tl.jpg

421392[/ATTACH]']of7SdBbl.jpg

421394[/ATTACH]']M9n6aDll.jpg

421396[/ATTACH]']mI4Nb1Dl.jpg

Attachments

• UN8xh1Tl.jpg
    UN8xh1Tl.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 0
  • of7SdBbl.jpg
    of7SdBbl.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 0
  • M9n6aDll.jpg
    M9n6aDll.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 0
  • mI4Nb1Dl.jpg
    mI4Nb1Dl.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 0
OP
OP
J

juiced351

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
6.4 hemi
I debated with myself about replying here, simply because I would have a very hard time listing what my favorite mods are. The problem starts with my 2017 Ram 2500 being a regular cab, rare as a unicorn according to Ram. Worse, Ram allows only 2 trim levels and not allowing you to order most options (eg: leather seats; heated/ventilated seats; heated steering wheel, RA4, Sport Appearance pkg; etc....). So I went on a mission to build it my way. That lead to numerous mods and extensively using the Alpha OBD program to enable the many changes. I too debadged my Ram but kept one small badge, I replaced the chrome Cummins badge on the front fender with the blacked out version. Was going to change out the chrome bumpers as well. But after taking the badges off, replacing the chrome grille shell with a painted grille shell with a black stainless mesh insert, and blackened quad lights, the chrome bumpers grew on me, especially the rear one that I changed to a dual exhaust. Some pics:

421402[/ATTACH]']UN8xh1Tl.jpg

421404[/ATTACH]']of7SdBbl.jpg

421406[/ATTACH]']M9n6aDll.jpg

421408[/ATTACH]']mI4Nb1Dl.jpg
WOW great looking truck !!! How hard was it to put the rear bumper on ? I been thinking of doing the same thing . Did you by the bumper new ?

Attachments

• UN8xh1Tl.jpg
    UN8xh1Tl.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 0
  • of7SdBbl.jpg
    of7SdBbl.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 0
  • M9n6aDll.jpg
    M9n6aDll.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 0
  • mI4Nb1Dl.jpg
    mI4Nb1Dl.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 0

mjf6175

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins
WOW great looking truck !!! How hard was it to put the rear bumper on ? I been thinking of doing the same thing . Did you by the bumper new ?

Juiced....THANKS.........really easy for the bumper mod. I bought a new bumper for a 1500 Hemi Ram which have the dual exhaust cutouts. You can find good prices on ebay. It basically bolts up. You do need to make one small change. The 2500's have the electrical trailer hitch plug on the passenger side of the rear license plate. 1500's have it on the driver's side of the license plate. You need to move the bracket over to the passenger side, easily done unbolting it. After the swap I went to a custom exhaust shop and had them bend up a dual stainless exhaust from the rear axle back to the bumper and installed the 5 inch tips that I had already bought.

Lobster Poutine

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

looks great. what size are the tires?

i added some airlift 5000 bags. i found they really helped with stability in towing. and a couple of old man mods since it tows the 5er all around. wind defectors and a dirt skirt! lol