What motor oil and oil filter do you use and why?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dan Topp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
amsoil!! u wont be sorry. full synthetic.
I started in 08 with mobil 1 but switched to royal purple,red line but since amsoil is a good oil and with the preferred price and free shipping not to mention 4gallon cases that brings the 5-20 signature down to 9$ I’m done.

image.jpg

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Currently on RL because Burla says so :) (seriously though my engine sounded much quieter on RL than PUP or PP)

Going to get one last oil change from my dealer before the factory warranty ends, then will probably try QSUD just because its cheaper and more readily available than RL.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Currently on RL because Burla says so :) (seriously though my engine sounded much quieter on RL than PUP or PP)

Going to get one last oil change from my dealer before the factory warranty ends, then will probably try QSUD just because its cheaper and more readily available than RL.

your killing me :)

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
It's a few pages long. If you start reading now you could get through it by the end of the year:rolleyes:

But you better read it soon, because rumor has it Kurek is gonna buy ram forum nd delete all the oil threads.

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
All right ladies and gentlemen, as some of you may know, (if you follow my YouTube channel) I had the dreadful hemi tick about 3 months ago. Since I had 103,000 mi on the engine, I decided to replace it with a Jasper rebuilt engine. So far so good. It's been a good decision for me.
I want zero issues with this engine and a good start would be putting the right oil and filter on it.
I have done some research on this and I'm leaning towards Redline full synthetic and a WIX filter.
So now that it's time for my first oil change, I'm asking you guys what you're running in your HEMI and why it's the best choice for you.
I appreciate any and all feedback I get.
Thank you
Adam
2014 5.7 HEMI (Jasper)

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

I took my miniature Dachsund to the vet last week for fleas and ticks. The Dr said that those dreadful hemi ticks are really difficult to get rid of. After a cortisone shot and **** flea/hemi tick medication, she is resting comfortably at home! ;)

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
All right ladies and gentlemen, as some of you may know, (if you follow my YouTube channel) I had the dreadful hemi tick about 3 months ago. Since I had 103,000 mi on the engine, I decided to replace it with a Jasper rebuilt engine. So far so good. It's been a good decision for me.
I want zero issues with this engine and a good start would be putting the right oil and filter on it.
I have done some research on this and I'm leaning towards Redline full synthetic and a WIX filter.
So now that it's time for my first oil change, I'm asking you guys what you're running in your HEMI and why it's the best choice for you.
I appreciate any and all feedback I get.
Thank you
Adam
2014 5.7 HEMI (Jasper)

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

I know first hand that the WIX filter is a very high quality unit. As for oil, I'd recommend you retrofit your new engine with API SN+ oil which meets GL-5 And Dexos 2 standards. You might try the Super Tech synthetic from Wal-Mart. I use it extensively for my customers' GDI engines and have seen remarkable reduction of oil pooling in the breather and remarkable reduction of sludge and carbon deposits. It is a fraction of the price of Redline. Remember this, though: Jasper is very priggish about their warranty coverage pertaining to use of FACTORY recommended lubricants. Just tryin' to help!

Octane

Reaction score
What oil and filter? Unicorn oil in 5w30....Oil:The most overengineered fluid on earth.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
What about Motul 5w20?

300v is the redline clone or visa versa redline is it's clone, high moly ester based. The issue with Motul is there are about a million choices some with no moly like redline's other oil, but 300v is the good stuff with what we think we know about hemi's.

Michael L Hensley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have used AMSOIL with an AMSOIL filter, when applicable, in every engine (truck, car, motorcycle, ATV, lawn mower, weed whipper) I have owned since 1984. I noticed an improved MPG when I drained the OEM oil. I like going 1 year or 25,000 miles between oil changes. All the vehicles perform very well and have never had mechanical issues. I had a 1987 Bronco II with over 120,000 and the head gasket began leaking. The mechanic was amazed how clean the motor was with that many miles.

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I took my miniature Dachsund to the vet last week for fleas and ticks. The Dr said that those dreadful hemi ticks are really difficult to get rid of. After a cortisone shot and **** flea/hemi tick medication, she is resting comfortably at home! ;)
Why waste the money on a vet visit, just give little Dachie a bath in Redline, it cures the tick.

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Why waste the money on a vet visit, just give little Dachie a bath in Redline, it cures the tick.

Years ago, I had a German Shephard puppy I found walking on a FM rural roard, and stopped and picked her up. Poor thing had Sarcoptic Mange amoung other things. My honest Vet told me the el cheapo way to rid her of the mites which caused this nasty mange was to bathe her in used motor oil.... followed by several baths in a medicated flea shampoo and Dawn.... Damned if it didn't work! She was cured after 2 baths. It took a few weeks for her hair to grow in.

BTW, my vet is super inexpensive... whole thing with meds as 70 dollars! Redline's higher! :)

Last edited:

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
No offense, but what kind of retard of a vet would say bath the thing in used motor oil. Dogs lick their fur, and used motor oil is poisonous. I'd get a new vet. Cool story though, I love German shepards.

I tried that once with a cat, the cat lost and eye and it was infected bad. I was a truck driver, drove the poor scared ******* home 6 hours, man hard trip. Took it to the vet, in the end all I could offer the little sucker was a humane death, vet said it was too far gone. That day did not go to plan, but hey I tried.

Octane

Reaction score
Burnt motor oil for mange and a little gunpowder would cure the running fits some dogs would have.Too much gunpowder would be a lethal cure tho. Years ago burnt oil was only cure most folks knew of for mange,if that didn't work the poor animal was shot,not vet euthanized.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcquinn