What part about your HD that you wish Ram would change or update?

What part about your HD that you wish Ram would change?

• Engine

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Transmission

Votes: 11 52.4%
  • Axle

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Suspension

• Interior

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Exterior

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Capability/Ratings

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MN-Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
You still have warranty?
I have a lifetime power train warranty. It just paid for my transmission rebuild. I’m waiting for the motor to need an overhaul now. But it has 135k on it and is still going strong.

MN-Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Rumor is there is a new 6.7L I6 Cummins gas motor coming to the Ram. I guess Cummins is designing a motor that will be the same from the block down between the gas and the diesel with differences from the heads up.

I’m not sure how that will work out, but it sounds interesting.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
The way Stellantis is doing things, the will put a slipping Allison transmission behind a 4 banger

I only have a 1500 & i may never buy another Ram, now that they will only put the Eco-Diesel in their non USA vehicles, like the Mercedes.
Almost every brand of vehicle out now, just looks like it is Cheap & GAUDY

They call me DLD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My 2011 Dodge Ram 2500 is 2WD and I love it. It sits at a reasonable ride height and is easy to climb into.
It seems that in 2014 the engineers decided that the 2WD version needed a serious lift. Now the 2WD sits as high as the 4WD. I would estimate a 4 inch lift.
The marketing weenies would call this "a more aggressive stance". I think they are idiots.
If someday I need to buy a replacement (a new Ram 2500) then I will have to purchase running boards just to get into the truck. And crawling up onto the tailgate will be too much without a short ladder.

Attachments

• IMG_9806.jpeg
    IMG_9806.jpeg
    112.6 KB · Views: 6

MJCs18Diesel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
I love my 2500 CTD 4x4 RV hauler. However, I wish they would put a round hole in the upper left and right side of the front panel of the bed, with a steel shroud over the holes, tall enough to keep the rain and road splash out of the bed. Then I could easily install two 12v muffin fans and a thermo switch to exhaust the heat from under my Back-Flip 4-fold aluminum cover in the summer. And, while at it, they need to rework the fender bracing over the rear tires to stop that Ram rear rust spot that Ziebart can't even prevent. And, I love my https://traxionproducts.com/products/tailgate-ladder.
Now, If I could re-engineer a way to ad a BackRack ladder support, https://www.backrack.com/original-rack, with my BackFlip cover, I would be even happier one more notch. mjc