What setting for splash screen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MattCham

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
I am trying to find the setting on alfaobd to change the start up logo on my speedometer. It say bighorn and I just have a tradesman. Prefer to just have the ram head or it say "Ram 1500". I remember seeing a thread on here about it but can't seem to find it anywhere now.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Ramit2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am trying to find the setting on alfaobd to change the start up logo on my speedometer. It say bighorn and I just have a tradesman. Prefer to just have the ram head or it say "Ram 1500". I remember seeing a thread on here about it but can't seem to find it anywhere now.

Vehicle configuration- special package 2
Theres also a special package 1 but leave it set to none

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
M

MattCham

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
Which one does the SRT?
I would just do the same as the instructions the guy gave me. Once you go in. It gives you quite a bit of options. I believe I seen SRT but not sure

LoadedExpressRam

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SRT wont work on the startup screen, only on the 8.4 radio. You would select "vehicle is an SRT" and it will show SRT on the radio at startup and give you some new themes to choose from.

That is very correct. I wish they offered R/T.

NovaScotia Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
SRT wont work on the startup screen, only on the 8.4 radio. You would select "vehicle is an SRT" and it will show SRT on the radio at startup and give you some new themes to choose from.

Do you have any photos of the new themes? What shows on the EVIC when it starts up?

Cheers

caltx01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar
Do these options work on a 2014 RAM 1500? It seems I remember reading that the 2014 does not have any options for changing the EVIC splash screen or the 8.4 radio startup display.

Thanks!

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

MattCham

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
Do these options work on a 2014 RAM 1500? It seems I remember reading that the 2014 does not have any options for changing the EVIC splash screen or the 8.4 radio startup display.

Thanks!
I dont think it works. Tried changing it for a buddy and it wouldn't work. It worked on my cousins 2016. Not sure about 2015 though

colport833

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 Classic
Engine
hemi
Will this work for 2019 Classic....I assume Evic only as Radio is behind a different interface?

OP
OP
M

MattCham

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
Will this work for 2019 Classic....I assume Evic only as Radio is behind a different interface?
For changing the splash screen on the evic? Yes it will. As for radio, I do not know because Im still trying to find a 8.4 nav radio.

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
For changing the splash screen on the evic? Yes it will. As for radio, I do not know because Im still trying to find a 8.4 nav radio.

I have a 19 classic and only have srt on radio, not evic. Couldnt figure out how to get anything on evic.....it just comes up as mph or whatever screen I have set by steering wheel button, ie..tires, guage summary etc

OP
OP
M

MattCham

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
I have a 19 classic and only have srt on radio, not evic. Couldnt figure out how to get anything on evic.....it just comes up as mph or whatever screen I have set by steering wheel button, ie..tires, guage summary etc
Oh that's what you meant. Nothing else will change.
Splash screen setting is for when you first start up vehicle. I upgraded from a 3.5 evic to the 7 evic. Said Longhorn on start up. Now it says Ram 1500.

Jonathangarcia45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

How can I make my 8.4 radio say srt on it with Alfa OBD

spacex

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Vehicle configuration- special package 2
Theres also a special package 1 but leave it set to none

Where is the vehicle configuration drop down? Anyone have a screenshot of all the drop downs? Very gun shy to start clicking on things.

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
Where is the vehicle configuration drop down? Anyone have a screenshot of all the drop downs? Very gun shy to start clicking on things.
Under Body Computer. Then scroll down on the next screen to Car Configuration Change.
Next box go to VehConfig2: Special Package.

Theres more than 8 pages of choices