What should I pay for this warlock.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GetWestern

Reaction score
Hello all new member here, been a long time ram fan, growing up all my dads trucks were ram 2500s so I came to like the brand and the truck. Finally at a point in my life where I can purchase one, I’ve narrowed it down to this new 2022 ram warlock, wish I could find one with a v8 extended cab but out here in Utah I was lucky enough to find this one with the hemi and the all terrain package. Dealer is asking 42k for it I kind of thought I’d start negotiating around 38-39k and maybe be 41-42k otd ? What should I realistically be paying for this any input is appreciated.

Last edited:

Bigskyroadglide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, supercharged
I'd expect to pay about $40k out the door for the truck linked, but a quick Google search turned up multiple vehicles with various option packages in similar price ranges.

If you want something that has a few more options like the premium gauges and the 8.4 radio they are available. But you may have to travel.

I'd contact Mark Dodge a forum sponsor to see what they can do. They saved me a lot of $$ on my recent new jeep purchase

OP
OP
G

GetWestern

Reaction score
I'd expect to pay about $40k out the door for the truck linked, but a quick Google search turned up multiple vehicles with various option packages in similar price ranges.

If you want something that has a few more options like the premium gauges and the 8.4 radio they are available. But you may have to travel.

I'd contact Mark Dodge a forum sponsor to see what they can do. They saved me a lot of $$ on my recent new jeep purchase
Thanks for the input, I removed the link to prevent someone from getting it. I’ve seen few that I’d have to travel for but I don’t want to travel that far just to see something I don’t like and not get it.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
From one extreme to the other. You removed the link but didn't leave any information about the truck for us to base an opinion LOL. If I'm the one asking this question I'd have included the window sticker for people to see what options the truck has. And maybe a pic or two. Just a suggestion for the future.

OP
OP
G

GetWestern

Reaction score
From one extreme to the other. You removed the link but didn't leave any information about the truck for us to base an opinion LOL. If I'm the one asking this question I'd have included the window sticker for people to see what options the truck has. And maybe a pic or two. Just a suggestion for the future.
Thanks for the advice, here some photos of the truck and the list of added features.

Attachments

• CD428B36-E6B3-4CE2-B7FE-4182ED67CB64.jpeg
    CD428B36-E6B3-4CE2-B7FE-4182ED67CB64.jpeg
    177.3 KB · Views: 64
  • 1F632ED7-C960-4345-9EC9-A8E6F1A24596.jpeg
    1F632ED7-C960-4345-9EC9-A8E6F1A24596.jpeg
    166.1 KB · Views: 56
  • 77862653-E0FD-4C03-9D5A-C5F4EA5EB8D8.jpeg
    77862653-E0FD-4C03-9D5A-C5F4EA5EB8D8.jpeg
    57.1 KB · Views: 57
  • 6F5074A8-981D-46BD-9781-0F9E73D51EC4.jpeg
    6F5074A8-981D-46BD-9781-0F9E73D51EC4.jpeg
    57.2 KB · Views: 55

metalchewy

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 TRX4
Engine
4.7L
Funny, I flew to Utah and went up and down the Wasatch front from Logan to Sandy and went to a lot of dealers and ads on KSL I had made appts to look at, to find my truck. Then drove it home.

I probably test drove 15 trucks I liked in the price range and options I liked and ended up buying at a little self owned used lot in Perry, down the canyon from my dad's house.

If you really want the Quad or Club cab, don't settle. It's a long term investment. Hold out for what you want. It's out there.

OP
OP
G

GetWestern

Reaction score
Funny, I flew to Utah and went up and down the Wasatch front from Logan to Sandy and went to a lot of dealers and ads on KSL I had made appts to look at, to find my truck. Then drove it home.

I probably test drove 15 trucks I liked in the price range and options I liked and ended up buying at a little self owned used lot in Perry, down the canyon from my dad's house.

If you really want the Quad or Club cab, don't settle. It's a long term investment. Hold out for what you want. It's out there.
You’re right it is a long term investment, just wish I could have found one in the two months I’ve been looking. I run a painting business and I can’t manage it anymore in a sedan, I need something to move material around from jobs so I’m really hurting for one right now and have been putting it off as long as I can while I look for something I like. I did find one that was quad cab v8 and nicer interior that had 3k miles on it but after car fax I found it already had 4 owners and damage to the under carriage at some point. Was super bummed i was almost ready to pull the trigger on it.

pacu44

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Order what you want. When you do order, get on the phone and they can tell you if there are restrictions on any option that would be a delay for production. I have done this twice in the last 3 years. Mark Dodge. PM me for the contact info. The woman who I have gone through is great. I sent in an order a few weeks ago. We got on the phone and reviewed it. Found out I had a restriction that would delay production. Quickly changed it and with in 10 days I went to D1.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You’re right it is a long term investment, just wish I could have found one in the two months I’ve been looking. I run a painting business and I can’t manage it anymore in a sedan, I need something to move material around from jobs so I’m really hurting for one right now and have been putting it off as long as I can while I look for something I like. I did find one that was quad cab v8 and nicer interior that had 3k miles on it but after car fax I found it already had 4 owners and damage to the under carriage at some point. Was super bummed i was almost ready to pull the trigger on it.

IIRC, I looked for a pre-enjoyed truck for more than 6 months before looking at deals on new trucks from the previous year. It made no sense to me to not buy new because saving $3-$5K on a 2-year-old truck with 20K miles or more is ridiculous. Obviously, prices vary by location.

Just a crazy thought, would a 30-day rental for work make sense? You could try to compromise on the rental if it meant saving a buck and after you're done with the short-term rental, it's no biggy if it wasn't perfect whereas more time to find the right truck for you, for the long haul, would be advantageous.

This might remove that background stress you might carry associated with needing to find that new truck yesterday. Just spitballing. :cool:

I know up here at least, a vehicle rental can be claimed as a business expense on the tax return. I would expect you can do the same with the IRS.

Last edited:

BuschLatte420

chill water by day, drink beer by night
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 classic tradesmen crew cab 6’4 box
Engine
5.7L NON E-TORQUE 3.92 gears 4x4
That's not a window sticker but it does list an asking price. How does that price compare with the MSRP on the window sticker?
Msrp is what ram suggests it should be sold for, and what some dealers want as a minimum or at a above price (greedy) during these times, asking price is the price they are willing to negotiate at, or will take that and nothing less, can be more, less, or the same as MSRP. If you saw the car fax, they should offer a link to the window sticker on it which would show MSRP

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Msrp is what ram suggests it should be sold for, and what some dealers want as a minimum or at a above price (greedy) during these times, asking price is the price they are willing to negotiate at, or will take that and nothing less, can be more, less, or the same as MSRP. If you saw the car fax, they should offer a link to the window sticker on it which would show MSRP
That was a strange response for a question I was asking someone else. I just wanted to know the specific MSRP for that truck.

BuschLatte420

chill water by day, drink beer by night
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 classic tradesmen crew cab 6’4 box
Engine
5.7L NON E-TORQUE 3.92 gears 4x4
That was a strange response for a question I was asking someone else. I just wanted to know the specific MSRP for that truck.
Welllllll sorrrrrrry I read wrong.

REDNECK28871

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 RAM 1500 CLASSIC 5.7
Engine
Why ask someone else, if you like it and "can" afford who cares what other people think! Make a decision and stick with it! BUY THE DAMN TRUCK!

DeckArtist

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you get the VIN number you can get a look at the window sticker on the Ram Owner's page. It will be listed on the internet listing for the truck.