What tonneau cover do you have?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fake-Account27

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
Currently I have a Fleer Vynal soft 3 fold cover. I just bought and installed the Peragon cover but it leaked too much so its getting returned.

What brand do you have and how water tight is it? I am currently considering the LOMAX cover because its easy to remove.

brownie289

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had an Extang trifold on my last truck and just put a new Extang 2.0 on my new truck. Very easy to use and take off and put on.

Pretty water tight also..

caulk04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Been years since I had a truck with a cover, but back then it was a snap type roll up. I've only just gotten my Truxedo Truxport but I like it so far. It's a roll up type, velcro sides and easy to operate. It's way at the bottom of the price spectrum, too.

A fold up type is faster to get into, but leaves a portion of the bed covered. Gotta weigh the pros cons there.

ArmyGrunt66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Have a TonnoPro Tri-Fold, about 40 lbs in weight and watertight, no tools necessary to install. I overtightened one of the hold downs and the manufacturer sent me out two new replacements for free within a week, great customer service.

Kevin

CVX20

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic Express
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 2015 SLT came with a 4 section solid fold-up cover.Nice and dry and looks good but doesn't completely fold up against the back window.Only folds onto the last section.Comes off easy enough but that is the only way to put something big like an ATV in.Kept it and installed it on my 19 Classic.

kurek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've got this one - can't say I've ever hauled stuff where dryness was critical but I do live in Washington and don't remember ever cursing about water getting in. There are still holes in the side of the bed and the tailgate doesn't have a seal from the factory. I bought a tailgate seal kit when I had a shell on the truck to help keep dust out, doesn't do much.

Flame Red Rebel

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Rebel
Engine
Hemi Hybrid
Truxedo Sentry CT

Got is 12 months same a cash $915 shipped

SentryCT_TX_SentryCT_Dodge-Ram19_01Closed_h500_q80.jpg

Noneck

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 2500 Laramie. 35's 2 inch level. Raceme. Fully deleted 5 inch FlowPro Exh
Engine
6.7 Cummins
My all time favorite was Extang Full- tilt. Seemed as dry as any. Easy access via the tilt and hydraulic cylinders, and removable in one piece with no tools in about 2 seconds and still able to unsnap it and roll it up like a traditional tonneau if needed. I have a cap now and prior to that was running a soft tri fold. Wasn't crazy about the tri fold.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

xb1230

Hobby Mechanic
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
9A3359A8-FD36-4ED2-ADB0-FC5974D80B43.jpeg 4E9098C1-41A5-49DD-A457-7472841A8D24.jpeg 24E03B01-74CF-430C-BA1E-D3D0348BDB7E.jpeg
I personally prefer Roll-ups to hard or tri-folds, just a personal preference.
Had a limited budget for adding a few accessories to the truck when I bought it in late September, so I ended getting what was the cheapest option on Amazon at the time which is a Tyger soft roll-up.
Although I have read about a lot of folks having fitment issues with the Tyger branded covers, mine was a breeze to install and fits like a glove. I am also very happy with how dry it is able to maintain the bed (I guess it greatly depends on the installation). My next step is to install the tailgate seal which is where I found water ingress. Just waiting for a little warmer day before the snow hits.

Flame Red Rebel

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Rebel
Engine
Hemi Hybrid
Owner preference, I DO NOT like it sticking up the air. Mine sits flush to the top of the rails.

Richg87

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Warlock
Engine
V6 Pentastar
I have the Gator Tri-Fold Pro. No leaks. Easy to put on and take off.

rotwiler

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QC Outdoorsman
Engine
I put a undercover hard tonneau on about 3 years ago and has been perfect. Install was easy, did it by myself in less than 1/2 hour. I bought the lower profile one that gives truck sporty look. Going through auto car wash, if I open tonneau after done, there are only a few drops of water. Reason I bought it in first place, my small travel trailer has a max cargo capacity of around 350 pounds, so when camping most items go in truck bed to keep weight down. Would buy the undercover tonneau again without second thought. I have bought a king size mattress, big items and just keep tonneau open, solid and no issues. If I have to remove it, there are 2 knobs you unscrew, then entire tonneau comes off, takes seconds to remove, but suggest 2 people to do this, it is not really heavy but is awkward to do alone.

IMG_20200718_212847.jpg

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Lomax cover is what I’ve had for about 3 yrs now and it’s great.

jeffawats

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
BAk Revolver X4 on my truck,love it,easy access and more secure than a soft cover pretty watertight

NOV87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Had an OEDRO tr-fold tonneau cover. Kept the bed dry unless it rained very hard. Good quality and very well priced. Wanted a soft topper, so bought "travel package" from FAS-TOP. It has a soft foldable canopy and a roll up tonneau. Really happy with it and love the versatility.
Quite spendy though.

Loudram

Just a sinner saved by grace
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Been years since I had a truck with a cover, but back then it was a snap type roll up. I've only just gotten my Truxedo Truxport but I like it so far. It's a roll up type, velcro sides and easy to operate. It's way at the bottom of the price spectrum, too.

A fold up type is faster to get into, but leaves a portion of the bed covered. Gotta weigh the pros cons there.
X2
I have one as well and I love it for all the reasons stated above. And it's pretty water tight. A very hard wind blown rain gets a little water in it but very little. It has a self tensioner that keeps it tight and ribs that stops it from bowing.

20201002_105739_HDR.jpg 20201002_105732_HDR.jpg 20200909_165608_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

bigred90gt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have an extang solidfold 2.0 on my 17 crew cab. I like a lot of things about it (locks, easy removal/reinstall action, foldable to carry stuff without removing it completely), but it leaks. It leaks quite a bit unfortunately. I thought it was leaking at the front stake pockets, since they didn’t have covers, but I bought and installed covers and sealed them with black permatex, and it still leaks. My wife’s golf bag and Rowell are mildewed because of it.

I previously had an Undercover Classic on an F150, and am thinking about getting one for the Ram. It’s a bit inconvenient in that if I’m out somewhere and decide to buy something big, I can’t just fold it up and make it for, but it’s still easy on/off and doesn’t leak a bit.