What windshield washing fluid do you use?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

UKWildcats9696

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi (No Start/Stop & No eTorgue)
I’ve always just bought the cheap blue stuff. However, I follow Scotty Kilmer on YouTube and he swears by the orange RainX. What do you use?

danielmid

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I ran the green bug stuff for years and switched to the orange stuff a few months back for winter, then some members here linked me to stories of washer fluid sensors being eaten/coated by the chemicals in the orange RainX. So I drained the orange and switched to the cheap blue stuff with a bottle of rubbing alcohol mixed in to make sure it gets clean and doesn't freeze up.

KnurledNut

SemperFi
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I use Unger Professional glass cleaner. The same stuff the high-rise guys use. A 8 oz. bottle makes 25 gallons, or 5 capfuls in my Ram. I paid $8 back in 2020. 32 cents a gallon is a steal for this stuff.

It's sudsy, smells pleasant, and gets the bug juice off.

41qzrxerT2L._AC_.jpg

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I follow Scotty Kilmer on YouTube and he swears by the orange RainX.
I'm sure there will be a few on this forum that will chime in they do the exact opposite of what Scotty recommends. He's more into sensationalism than actually reporting anything worth listening to.
I run the plain old blue stuff, usually the -25°F rated version.

1SloRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Orange RainX here, never an issue, but I do coat my glass with a sealant every few washes. Pollen is ridiculous here so I mostly hose off the windows before I leave home. Also never heard of Scotty.

bcbouy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 power wagon
Engine
hemi
whatever is on the rack when i'm getting fuel.i really don't care what brand it is as long as it's -50 or better in winter or 3 season in summer for the bugs.price or brand doesn't factor at all.also no rainx.we go through a crap ton of winter wash up here.

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Same here ...cheap blue stuff. Never had it freeze even in -20 and below temps.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Walmart Plain Old Super Tech Blue down to 0 F. If gonna be stupid cold, I have a few bottles of 91% Isopropyl available. There is a -20F version available, but not offered here in store in town.

sttt.JPG

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That's interesting. I didn't know there was a version that was only good to zero F. They must not sell it around the North up here. Or I just haven't paid attention.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I will not use Rain X Orange in system. But I do clean and then seal my windshield with Rain X every couple of weeks.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
I ran the green bug stuff for years and switched to the orange stuff a few months back for winter, then some members here linked me to stories of washer fluid sensors being eaten/coated by the chemicals in the orange RainX. So I drained the orange and switched to the cheap blue stuff with a bottle of rubbing alcohol mixed in to make sure it gets clean and doesn't freeze up.
Does the Alcohol help much ? Thanks

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Have any here tried http://www.aquapel.com/

I have been using it for years. The harder it rains, and especially at highway speeds; no wipers needed at all, and it lasts a long time on the windshield.

I put it on my mirrors and both front windows as well.

I reapply annually and never have issues with this product.

It's not like RainX glass wax/sealer where it sits on top of the glass and wears away.
This is a two-part chemical application that etches into the glass and bonds with it.