What wires for flip up mirrors?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MARK BENNETT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I changed to the flip up mirrors so I can see my trailer better but like a goon I didnt buy the ones that manually flip up.

After searching the internet I've given up and decided to ask for help.

I'm guessing its the wires on the white plug simply because the new mirrors have 4 wires the old ones only have 2.

Everything else works as it should on the new ones, TIA.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I changed to the flip up mirrors so I can see my trailer better but like a goon I didnt buy the ones that manually flip up.

After searching the internet I've given up and decided to ask for help.

I'm guessing its the wires on the white plug simply because the new mirrors have 4 wires the old ones only have 2.

Everything else works as it should on the new ones, TIA.
What year is your truck? If it's a 4th gen 09 to 18 ram none of them flip up automatically. You have to physically open the mirrors. Some of the later trucks had power fold tow mirror but power flip open was never an option. The two extra wires in the white mirror connector are for other options such as auto dim and memory.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
M

MARK BENNETT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So there is no motor to flip them up? they seem might stiff to yank up. afraid of breaking them. its a 2017

Thanks

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So there is no motor to flip them up? they seem might stiff to yank up. afraid of breaking them. its a 2017

Thanks
No, there is no motor to flip them up and no option for it in a 4th gen (09 to 18) Ram. The only power option is power fold and power adjust. You have to open them manually. You will also need to activate the Tow Mirror sales code in the BCM in order for them to adjust correctly when opened. You can do this by taking it to the dealer or enabling it yourself with the Alfa OBD tool.

OP
OP
M

MARK BENNETT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No, there is no motor to flip them up and no option for it in a 4th gen (09 to 18) Ram. The only power option is power fold and power adjust. You have to open them manually. You will also need to activate the Tow Mirror sales code in the BCM in order for them to adjust correctly when opened. You can do this by taking it to the dealer or enabling it yourself with the Alfa OBD tool.

Thanks for the help,