What's my truck worth? 1994 Dodge 2500 V10

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sleepy Floyd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V10
Back story on this rig...my father-in-law was the original owner of this truck. He sold it at some point fairly early I believe to a friend to buy a diesel 2500. He ended up missing this truck, so he sold the diesel and bought this back from his friend after a short time. Last year he asked me to take it. I didn't really need another truck (I already had 5, now 6), but I could tell it would mean a lot to him for me to take it. I had to put north of $1k into it to get it to pass smog, I put new tires and wheels on it as well as a Sony stereo, and rear camera kit. It still needs shocks, which I'll get done at some point.

I won't sell it while he's still alive as he's clearly happy to see that I'm taking care of it, but just interested to gauge it's value. It's got 117k miles, and the interior practically looks new. I even have the ownership folder that came with it new (it includes slides of all of the dodge pickup line, i.e. slides that go into a slide projector lol). He and my mother in law used it to tow a trailer to Arizona every year for spring training and at least one trip through Mexico. He's even got pics of it on a train car with the 27 foot Avion trailer getting pulled somewhere in Mexico (I can have the trailer as well, but I've got no space or bandwidth to give it the attention it needs).

Anyway, what would this thing be worth? I have to make a trek to Reno to pick up 1,300 pounds of lumber in a week, this will definitely be the truck I'll be taking for the trip!

IMG_1560.jpg thumbnail_IMG_1930.jpg thumbnail_IMG_1931.jpg

Joe w.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 5.2l
Nice looking truck. There was two V10 4x4 trucks around my area both had around 100000 miles one was an 2000 model the other an 01 they both sold for around 9500.

OP
OP
Sleepy Floyd

Sleepy Floyd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V10
Nice looking truck. There was two V10 4x4 trucks around my area both had around 100000 miles one was an 2000 model the other an 01 they both sold for around 9500.

Thanks, that's actually about what I was thinking. Went out to dinner with my son tonight (he's 15, about to pass me by in height at 6' versus my profile pic). I asked him what he thought about having the Dodge as his first car (truck). He's on board, so we'll hopefully be keeping in the family for a while. I know it will make his g'pa very happy to hear that.

Joe w.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 5.2l
My son is also 15 and is already taller than me. He's pushing 6' also and says my dodge is going to be his truck and he is going to keep it in the family forever lol..

Rav3ncroft

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would suggest letting those boys drive a beater before the real deal. I made the mistake myself and lost a sweet low mileage V8 Dakota 4x4.

Joe w.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 5.2l
I agree that's why I tell him he's getting his moms Subaru legacy.

Spike95

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That is a great looking truck. While I would have killed to have it when I was a teenager, I am glad that my first car was an ugly beater. Made me appreciate my later vehicles much more, and also didn’t put a classic vehicle at risk. Once they’re gone, you can’t replace a classic like that. I’d let him get a couple years of experience under his belt first.

Rav3ncroft

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That is a great looking truck. While I would have killed to have it when I was a teenager, I am glad that my first car was an ugly beater. Made me appreciate my later vehicles much more, and also didn’t put a classic vehicle at risk. Once they’re gone, you can’t replace a classic like that. I’d let him get a couple years of experience under his belt first.
Truth, I totally agree.