What's New and Used Mile's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ron1white

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Was looking at what they say is a New Ram truck 2022 4x4 5.7 bed 5.7 hemi with 2,000 miles on and it's at the a Ram dealer they say it's new?
I say it's used and should be at a lower price point and they say no it's new how can it be new with 2000 miles on it?
But I found one with less then 10 miles for the same price point 5.7 Etorque Hemi 6.4 bed 4x4 but have to Wate for it to ship to the dealer they say it has been shipped just not in yet. (not the same dealer)
The 1st Dealer I have got 2 new cars and 1 new truck in the past from them and seems they don't like my money any more and would lose a customer for life .
Any info on What's new and used prices are??
Dealers input also liked
Thank ahead time for the help

Last edited:

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
It can be considered new because it's never been sold and/or registered. I wouldn't buy a new vehicle with 2000 miles on it myself, but you will still be covered for 3 years/36k miles based on the mileage and date when you purchase it. In other words, on that truck the warranty wouldn't expire until it has 38k miles.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Check with your states laws regarding this, probably your department of motor vehicles would be a place to ask.

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Way back in 2015 we purchased a 2014 Hyundai Elantra GT with 7,000 miles on it which was sold as new because it had never been registered. It was a sales managers vehicle. As mikeru stated the bumper to bumper warranty was extended an additional 7,000 miles and they sold it for 12K off of sticker. Yes that was back in the days of plentiful new cars and much better prices. Considering it was a top of the line model with every single available option we purchased a $25k vehicle for $13K. It turned out to be an excellent vehicle and my college daughter still drives it today with over 150K miles on it. I’d offer the first dealer a price several thousand less than the second dealer is selling their vehicle for and if they reject your offer, walk away from the vehicle. Personally I wouldn’t worry about 2000 miles if the price is right and it’s a vehicle you want.

OP
OP
ron1white

ron1white

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks too all, I think go to see when the one get on the dealer lot off the train has. they offer me 0% for 60 and 25,000 for my truck as a trade. My truck only has 60,136 miles on it.

Elvira

Reaction score
It would be new still, like mentioned, that because it has never been registered. Personally, i would buy the other with 10 miles on it...but it is the e-torque too. Tough call, beauty about this forum, you can ask and get various opinions. Perhaps do your homework on the e-torque. 6'4 box is nice too, a little extra room. The 2000 miles, what do you think they drove it like ? Could be real hard driven mileage.

OP
OP
ron1white

ron1white

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes could be hard miles for sure, I look at it like 2,000 miles off tires and all.
Still on the fence about e-torque but it is still a 5.7 Hemi.
Going to see how next week plays out.
I am just looking for a up grade to my 2016 Big Horn as I go in to retirement.

Elvira

Reaction score
Don't be rushed ron1white, take your time and look at all the variables. I understand you wanting to upgrade because of retirement. I kept my 2015 when i retired because i have hardly any miles on it, 35,000...still new to me and i keep it in perfect condition. It also is a loaded truck that i just love to drive with all the creature comforts.

NOV87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
It could have been dealership manager's weekend joy ride vehicle. You know how those are used...

JayLeonard

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 L Cummins
I have a friend who worked for a dealership inFlorida and would drive delivering and picking up dealer trades. On several occasions the dealership would not accept the car they sent him to pickup if it was going to have more than 500 miles on it when it got back to his dealership.
They would not sell a vehicle as "new" if it had more than 500 miles.
That was this one dealer's policy.

RAZ175

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L
Limit in Colorado is 1500 miles. According to Code of Colorado 1 CCR 205-1, Regulation 44-20-102(20);

For all motor vehicles except those classified as a “motor home,” as defined in section 24-32-902(7), C.R.S., a “new motor vehicle” is a motor vehicle that has been transferred on a manufacturer’s statement of origin and has less than one thousand five hundred miles on its odometer.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Years ago we called them demos. Usually good deals. No idea how this works in our new economy.

Summit1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
While not sure about the price point, the price should be somewhat lower as the vehicle has been used in some way, either by a customer (owned and titled as such) or the dealer (as a "demo" or "loaner").

I have bought new/never titled "demo" vehicles in the past and had no problems with them whatsoever, but the price was lowered somewhat to reflect the status as a demo vehicle.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye