What's the difference?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sasquash

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok so I have a 2020 Jeep JL with a 3.6 and a 6 speed. Edmonds lists the HP @ 285 and 260 ft lbs tourq. They list the Ram at 305 hp and 269 ft lbs tourq. So what's the difference? What parts do I need to swap out to get a little hp bump? I've been search the internet for a few days and can't find anything. I would ask my local Jeep fourm but they have been proven to be less than helpful when it comes to nuts and bolts.

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited Loaded - Sold
Is the Pentastar in the Jeep the Hybrid? The new RAM V6s are all Hybrid.

Quyonmob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Is the Pentastar in the Jeep the Hybrid? The new RAM V6s are all Hybrid.

I don’t know if the newest wranglers get e-torque or not.

The power disparity between the two platforms with the same motor does pre-date e-torque though (ie 305 vs 285 has always been the difference since the pentastar made it into the ram).

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited Loaded - Sold
I don’t know if the newest wranglers get e-torque or not.

The power disparity between the two platforms with the same motor does pre-date e-torque though (ie 305 vs 285 has always been the difference since the pentastar made it into the ram).

Then my guess is the intake manifold and/or the tune.

NDanecker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Custom tune. I heard the Pentastar motors do nicely if tuned properly but you need someone that is familiar with them to get good results. A box tune can help but will never come close to what a tune shop can do. Every motor is different and if you change just one variable from stock (cold air intake, exhaust, etc) it requires a tune to get full potential. Any sort of mild forced induction will seriously wake up those motors.