Whats the general thoughts on the Pulsar?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Damion

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Been thinking on getting one for my '19 DT, was also thinking about one for my '16 but there was too may issues with hem at the time.

Ive been reading about the issues with the new trucks and it seems like the " 2nd " gen pulsars are working out.

Is this the case or is it just a crapshoot on getting a good one that will work or not?? I don't really feel like going through the hassle of returns etc if there stilll a lot of issues with these units.

Anyone who's gotten one recently and has put some miles on have any input?

CG2742

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’ve read way too much negative about them. Rather go with diablo with a Jay Greene tune, Hemi fever or any one of the others tuning it.

Firebird

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi
I was going to get one, but just haven't liked what I've read.

1morepart

2019 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Hemi 3.92’s
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
No pulsar for my 2020. I’ve played with a 2019 Ram with the exact setup as my 20 except he has a pulsar and 3.21’s. I have 3.92’s. He didn’t pull from a dig or roll.

NDanecker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
From what I've read it's really just a re-tune of the accelerator pedal. No meaningful HP gains are achieved so if you just want a different driving truck go for it. If its for HP/TQ gains.....look elsewhere.

OP
OP
Damion

Damion

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
From what I've read it's really just a re-tune of the accelerator pedal. No meaningful HP gains are achieved so if you just want a different driving truck go for it. If its for HP/TQ gains.....look elsewhere.

Theres dyno videos showing the gain at the tires using the pulsar, but its the issues of having it I'm worried about.

Otherwise im thinking of going with a sprintbooster

ReconDon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I just removed my Pulsar from my Power Wagon because it will not stop causing codes and check engine lights. Mostly around throttle and oil sensors but I did like the impact it had on my truck. Oh and no it never disabled my MDS I still have to put the tranny in 6th to keep it off.

Scott L

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 & 1998
Engine
HEMI & 5.9
I put mine in a month ago, 2 days after I bought the truck. The only problem I have had with it is gas mileage. It’s so damn fun driving it in performance mode that I’m gulping up has.

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Had one on my 17 for over 30k miles, never an issue. Got to 50k and got a custom tune.
Bought one for my 19 classic on 12th day after purchase and installed at 500ish miles. At 3600 now with no issues at all.
I personally like it for what it does
It IS NOT just a throttle adjuster as stated above.
I also have a pedal commander connected and until I want to not worry about my warranty I will use this combo on this truck as I did on the previous one!!
I will add the 392 gears in my classic are much nicer than the 321 in the 17

Rleslie69

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The pulsar not really a turner. You can't turn off speed limiter and isn't the reason why we buy these and more performance. I would say no but we are all different and want it for different reason so your call!!

Mark1118

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Had several Pulsars returned it every time over10 months. Finally returned it for good, just would never work correctly. When it did work it was great but when it didn't the truck went into limp mode and was a real pain. I do have to say the Edge people were great and wre stand up people.