What's with all of the hatred for these 2019 Ram's?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Literary everyone that seen our new 2020 Laramie and even my old 17 Sport says its the best interior they've ever seen. The new 2020 rides so much better than my 4th gen. talking s*** coz they have tons tonka truck interior =)

RugbyRef

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L H.O.
Just sold my '17 Ford F350 Platinum and purchased a '19 3500 Limited. I was an active member on the Ford Truck forum (still am) and it was pretty much the same argument over there..."nobody is better than Ford"...blah, blah, blah. Personally, I don't have any true brand loyalty. I have a '19 Mustang GT350, a '17 Land Rover Discovery HSE, and now this Ram 3500. I loved my Ford, but got a fantastic deal on the Ram and couldn't be happier.

The one and only drawback, if you can call it that, is there are simply too few options (vendors) to lift the truck. I'm talking more than 3". I pretty much checked with all the major brands (BDS, Superlift, etc.). The only company that has a suspension lift that I might consider is Carli, and it's only 3.25". It seems everyone else is "in development". If you guys have any ideas, let me know.

Cheers!

Tim

Randy Grant

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That one isn't in the best place. Would be nice to have one in the console somewhere. The other option would be to get charge only USB cables that don't carry data.
Isn't there a charge only USB in the armrest and rear of console?

magic280z

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not sure if there is one there, but since this my previous post I've had multiple android auto and car play devices plugged in at once. The stereo prompts you to connect another phone if you already have one attached. You can also switch between them pretty easy.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

brian42

Military
Reaction score
I'm not sure about the bench seat with armrest but there is one in the top section (under the armrest) for those with the center console instead of jumpseat.

The owner's manual says that only the first 3 ports are part of the media hub (driver, front passenger, and left rear passenger). That means you can plug in your device (thumb drive, etc.) and listen to its contents.

As for Android Auto/CarPlay it will work no matter where you plug in (except the armrest, it's a charging only port).

The 4 ports for the occupants each have two USB connections - USB-A and USB-C. The owner's manual says that you can plug into both ports at the same time and both ports will charge. That means that I have 9 USB charging ports in my truck (5 USB-A and 4 USB-C).

dmaw2308

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Unfortunately a lot of this is based on the way each is optioned out. The advantage of Ram is the options, but it also a disadvantage because you have to really know what options you want. It is hard to compare Laramie to Laramie or Big Horn to Big Horn. My old 2016 Express had 5" touchscreen, headliner with overhead console, back up camera, and spray in bed liner, but no bed lights. My Dad's 2017 Express had bed lights, but base stereo, single light headliner, no backup camera, and no bed liner. You can get the panoramic sunroof in big horn or higher trims, but it is an option. I was picking between two Laramie's on the lot the differences were 33 gal gas tank and anti spin diff vs 26 gallon gas tank, open diff, and moon roof. Both trucks cost the same they were just mixing up different specs to meet a price point.

My 2019 Laramie has bed lights because it has the bed utility group and ram boxes.

I do agree with you on the stealing car play thing. I haven't seen that, but was worried how it would handle 4 phones plugged in at once or someone else charging their phone using the built in USB ports since there aren't any cigarette lighter plugs to connect a dumb charger.

My mother-in-laws 2012 Lincoln mkz has automatic headlights with sensitivity adjustments. I think the LED headlights are causing part of the confusion. They are just so bright road sign reflect back like headlights.

Laramie has power folder mirrors if you didn't get the Tow group. For most people the Trailer brake controller is enough.

I would like the bed lights to stay on with the headlights or something.

I feel that my 4th gen would turn on the headlights for 30 seconds after you opened the door to get out not 30 seconds after the truck is off.

Luckily if you don't like the head lights and wipers you can disable them and go back to regular car mode.

I spent two weeks configuring online and looking at dealer inventory online to figure out how to get what I wanted. Fortunately my local dealer had the right truck last time and this time. Based on the options I wanted I needed a Big Horn Level 2 or Laramie Level 1 with 5.7, 3.92, anti-spin, 33 gal, ram boxes, bed utility group, etc. I ended up with a Laramie Level 1.

Unfortunately for me, I didn't have the time or the option to look at inventories to try and figure out exactly what I wanted. I had it in my mind I was either going to get my old truck back, or a similar 2500 to the one I had just purchased. I got tired of dealing with the dealer, and I'm sure they got tired of hearing from me, and I essentially was stuck with this one. I can't wait until I can get rid of this thing.

As far as the CarPlay issues, I'm not sure if its because we've all used our phones to play music at some point, but it doesn't matter if my phone is playing music and using GPS, once my wife's phone is plugged in, and say she opens snapchat, it changes to her phone. Every. Single. Time. Same thing happens if her daughter is playing a game on her iPod, the sound will switch to that game. Usually she can only plug in her iPod in the #3 USB because we have 2 German Shepherds and she sits on the driver side rear, where the #3 USB is closer. Its a huge pain in the rear.

I don't have bed lights, but the cargo light won't allow me to turn it on, like when you're unloading the bed of the truck, unless a door is open. Even if I press the cargo light button.

Troutman561

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just went from a gen 4 to gen 5. I think people hate because we (humans) are wired to like what we have best. I went back and forth on which look I liked better. Then I drove the 5th gen. My 4th rode awesome, but this thing is next level. The cab ergonomics are also improved. They did their homework.

El Huapo

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 4X4 Warlock 1500 Classic DS w/3.55 LSD
Engine
V6 flex
I don't about y'all but I get nothing but lip about my Ram 1500. Garbage trucks ,don't waste your money Fiat Chrysler is horrible etc...I don't get it. This is by far the best truck I've owned,not perfect but darn close.

If YOU like your truck, it doesn't matter what others think (perhaps unless it's your spouse). I have owned many Dodge trucks over the years, the oldest being a 1939 1/2-ton, then a '53 and later an '85 and then a 2001. I have also owned other brands and driven the various electrician shops' work trucks of all flavors. All were good trucks when taken care of.

Now I have a 2019 Warlock 4X4 V6 and I have never had it so good. It's got plenty of power for me, a smooooth transmission, plenty of comfortable interior room and ride, and goes around these mountain corners very respectably (love that big front anti-sway bar). Know that I am a long-time sports car man too, presently driving a BMW Z4 on good days. This Ram gets better gas mileage than everything else I drove (truckwise) except the old 4 cylinder stick shift Tacoma which was a toy compared to this one.

Sidenote: I also get a kick out of how this big white truck with the black grillework and trim tends to make the Yosemite tourists slow down to the speed limit when I pull up behind them, har!

Fatbob Frank

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
My 19 Laramie is the first Mopar I've owned that doesn't get ragged on by my Chevy and Ford friends.
In fact we are heading up north tomorrow for a snowmobile trip and I've been elected to drive my truck again by both my Silverado and F250 King Ranch owning cousins. Pulling a car trailer with 3 sleds on it.

JKLines

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Limited
Engine
Cummins HO
I have a 2016 Ram Tradesman 2500 and was going to upgrade to new Big Horn 2500, but then I found out about Uconnect 5 and that it would NOT be on a truck I was ordering so I canceled the order. For those that aren't familiar with Connect 5, it is a significant upgrade with much faster processors, wireless CarPlay, and the ability to connect to multiple phones to handle phone calls. I'm not going to spend $2,000 on an option when there is this significant an upgrade on the horizon. I was told it may not even be on the 2021 which really does not make me happy ... but I am a patient person. There was one other reason I canceled my order and that is with one of the options I selected I could NOT select LED headlights. I could on the online build web site, but when I placed the order it wasn't allowed. The dealer said they could "probably" take care of that when the truck was delivered. So that is the other reason I held off. But what really bothers me is how uninformed the salesmen are regarding their product. The salesmen typically have lots of down-time and a limited number of products and options. They also probably have access to information from the factory about what is coming up. It seems they could spend a little more time becoming experts on their product. Even the sales manager seemed totally unaware of UConnect 5 and thought it was "cool" and that he was going to keep an eye on it because he wanted it as well. It's just a little frustrating.

JUICEBOX

I don't read the script. The script reads me.
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I've owned a 97 Ram 1500, 05 Ram Rumblebee, 05 SRT-10, 07 Ram 1500, 15 ram 1500. And now a 19 Ram 2500. Only other truck I've ever owned was an 87 Chevy S-10 400sb when I was in high school. Last year I didnt like the 5th Gens, but now that I own one, i like them. Takes a little to adjust to the new design.

Octane

Reaction score
I have a 2016 Ram Tradesman 2500 and was going to upgrade to new Big Horn 2500, but then I found out about Uconnect 5 and that it would NOT be on a truck I was ordering so I canceled the order. For those that aren't familiar with Connect 5, it is a significant upgrade with much faster processors, wireless CarPlay, and the ability to connect to multiple phones to handle phone calls. I'm not going to spend $2,000 on an option when there is this significant an upgrade on the horizon. I was told it may not even be on the 2021 which really does not make me happy ... but I am a patient person. There was one other reason I canceled my order and that is with one of the options I selected I could NOT select LED headlights. I could on the online build web site, but when I placed the order it wasn't allowed. The dealer said they could "probably" take care of that when the truck was delivered. So that is the other reason I held off. But what really bothers me is how uninformed the salesmen are regarding their product. The salesmen typically have lots of down-time and a limited number of products and options. They also probably have access to information from the factory about what is coming up. It seems they could spend a little more time becoming experts on their product. Even the sales manager seemed totally unaware of UConnect 5 and thought it was "cool" and that he was going to keep an eye on it because he wanted it as well. It's just a little frustrating.
Speaking of uninformed sales people,I was even told my 6 speed stick Challenger was equipped with mds.