Wheel Fitment in 4" lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

athenaausten

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
Hi all,
I have a 2018 Ram 1500. Just bought new rims and am looking into buying a 4" lift.
The wheels I have currently are 35/12.5 R20 with -44mm offset. Will these have any issue fitting on the 4" lift? Any rubbing?
Thanks so much!

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
Hi all,
I have a 2018 Ram 1500. Just bought new rims and am looking into buying a 4" lift.
The wheels I have currently are 35/12.5 R20 with -44mm offset. Will these have any issue fitting on the 4" lift? Any rubbing?
Thanks so much!
With the -44 offset you most likely will have rubbing, if you had less offset you might get away with it ... and you have 35x12.5s ...

CreativeIndy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So is the -44 further out from body? I have the ready lift 4" and I am running 35x12.5x20 fuel wheels with no rubbing. Granted, my wheels only stick out about 2" from body or 2" past stock 20's. Not sure what the backspace and offset on my rims are I got them used from a buddy.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
So is the -44 further out from body? I have the ready lift 4" and I am running 35x12.5x20 fuel wheels with no rubbing. Granted, my wheels only stick out about 2" from body or 2" past stock 20's. Not sure what the backspace and offset on my rims are I got them used from a buddy.
Yes ... the more negative a wheel is the more it will stick out ...

El_Lobo_Gris1500C

Reaction score
With a 4” lift (I have the Readylift SST 4” lift) ideally for zero rub issues even with kick back mud flaps you want to be around ‘0’ offset. I have +1 offset on 20x9 Fuel Assault with Toyo 35” x 12.5” 20 tires and no rub issues at all. Fuel wheels typically go up to -18 (mm) offset and most don’t have rubbing issues with those on a 4” lift. -44 (mm) offset you’re around the max most wheel makers do for negative offset (or rims where the Center line is sticking out towards outside the truck wheel well) would be the more aggressive offset and likely give you rubbing issues, if not on the fenders or body then potentially on suspension parts at full turn.

44mm is almost 1 & 3/4” of negative offset, on a 9” wide wheel like mine that would be very noticeable, on a 10” or 12” wide wheel that’s going to give you like anywhere from 3-5” of poke outside the fenders and body. The more poke you have the more you’ll run into rubbing issues.

Readylift suggests a 0 offset 20x9 wheel as the max for no rubbing on the 4” SST kit for 4th Gen Rams. Anything outside this is potential for rub. But you can still get around this by trimming fenders, banging in body panels inside the wheel wells (NorCal mod) so, it all depends and can vary widely.

Best of luck with your fitment!