Wheel locks?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Glenn54

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
What are the best brands of wheel locks for our 2019 Rams? Any additional information is appreciated.

OP
OP
Glenn54

Glenn54

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Thanks buddy! I'm almost positive I don't have any wheel locks. Just double checked. No wheel locks.

Last edited:

oe542bob

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi eTorque 5.7
McGard wheel locks are good. I think they are the manufacturer for Mopar.
A word of caution, I went to rotate my tires and the key part sheared off when I went to remove a lug nut.
I had no spare. There will be a key card with the code for the lock pattern. Don’t lose it. Maybe even think about ordering a spare one.
The key I broke was the OEM set that came with my new ‘15 Sport 1500. The card with the code said McGard on it.

OP
OP
Glenn54

Glenn54

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
In case anyone else is interested, the Mopar part number for wheel locks for a 2019 Ram is 82212564-FS. On sale for $56.00, free shipping. Thanks again buddy.

OP
OP
Glenn54

Glenn54

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Thanks. That's a great idea. I will order an extra key soon. I wonder how many folks get the wheel locks with the truck vs those who don't, like me?

McGard wheel locks are good. I think they are the manufacturer for Mopar.
A word of caution, I went to rotate my tires and the key part sheared off when I went to remove a lug nut.
I had no spare. There will be a key card with the code for the lock pattern. Don’t lose it. Maybe even think about ordering a spare one.
The key I broke was the OEM set that came with my new ‘15 Sport 1500. The card with the code said McGard on it.

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
there were a few things on mine that I think they added that were relatively cheap to try to help move the truck inc the locks. Sorry I wasn't trying to insinuate you should have gotten locks standard:) It was basically to say because they were on my wheels that I believed they were oem mopar locks. Sounds like you are set though so thats good.

OP
OP
Glenn54

Glenn54

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I didn't take it that way at all. But I wonder if I'm in the majority or minority. :)

there were a few things on mine that I think they added that were relatively cheap to try to help move the truck inc the locks. Sorry I wasn't trying to insinuate you should have gotten locks standard:) It was basically to say because they were on my wheels that I believed they were oem mopar locks. Sounds like you are set though so thats good.

sierraangler

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque

TigreST

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 2018 Sport 4x4 CC came with the factory locks, which others state are McGard branded. I change my own wheels between stock OEM 20” and a set of OE Inc Hellcat replicas for summer use. I make it policy to never torque the locks to full spec for fear that removal might become problematic for some reason or other, like a failed key unit. Just a half grunt on the lug wrench is all I do.

T.

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
yeah I've since pulled mine out with came in a little dealer bramded pouch which was sitting in my glovebox. never even opened it befoe. saw they were McGards by the card that was enclosed. I assumed they were came through Mopar channel anyway. I've had them years ago, no problem with them. My last set were Gorilla branded on my Tacoma. I would buy the Gorillas again. they came ith a deep socket and the key and nuts use ribs that are a good 1 inch deep if not deeper for the pattern. I wouldn't say I'd use my impact to torque them tight, but I never had an issue using the torque wrench on them. I agree on the McGards that I would hand tighten them. I wouldn't be surprised if most shops that rotate tires used impacts on them.

OP
OP
Glenn54

Glenn54

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Mopar wheel locks arrived. I put them on today. They seem a little on the long side to me. Your thoughts?
Ram wheel locks.JPG

Fatnipples

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
any one know if the Mopar wheel locks also fit on the 22in rims? Part Number : 82212564.

TigreST

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think they should. The OEM 22” SRT-10 wheels I ran on my 03 SLT ran the same lug nuts as my now 2018 Sport 4x4.

T

TigreST

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mopar wheel locks arrived. I put them on today. They seem a little on the long side to me. Your thoughts?
View attachment 169342

That’s why, in part, I took mine off. That and because I don’t want to be concerned with adapter keys or stuck/stripped locks and anything else my twisted mind could dream up related to them.

T.