Wheel Spacers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looking at possibly picking a set of wheel spacers up for 2014 ram 1500 and would like any thoughts on them and the brand I'm looking at.

Brand is Supreme Suspensions Hub Centric

Thanks

KnurledNut

SemperFi
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the same ones in 2". They are a reputable brand. No issues over 1 year now.

The key is proper installation. I watched many YT videos. Don't skimp on thread locker.

WkjDlSD.jpg

Sgambots91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I’ve ran spacers and adapters for years on all my trucks and cars and never once had Bora/supreme or any of those big name brand spacers. Never had any issues.

Definitely want hub-centric and add red thread lock

whatever brand you go with, definitely check them every time you rotate your tires. And after first install check them after about 100 miles.

MikeCooper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anyone experience vibration issues with spacers? I just put on spacers and got 35's installed on stock rims. Slight vibration starts at about 60 mph. Nothing horrible, but it's there.

Wondering if its the spacers or a poor wheel balance.

Sgambots91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Anyone experience vibration issues with spacers? I just put on spacers and got 35's installed on stock rims. Slight vibration starts at about 60 mph. Nothing horrible, but it's there.

if the spacers are hubcentric, you shouldn’t get any vibrations. It’s probably the 35’s. Some people use balancing beads instead of weights with 35’s and up

BOWERSFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi

Hubcentric spacers ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MikeCooper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks guys, I'm looking into it as I had my local shop do the spacers and install. I guess I just assumed they would know to use hub centric spacers. Onces it gets lighter I will confirm if there are weights on the tires or not.

I remember when I got 35's on my jeep they used the balancing beads and it vibrated, I made them balance them properly.

BOWERSFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Never assume the shop knows what they are doing, and always know exactly what they are putting on your truck ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MikeCooper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah, I get that in most cases, but I've been with this shop for years and have a close relationship with them.

I have confirmed the spacers are hub centric, and the tires are balanced with weights.

The shops is suggesting that they re-torque the bolts on the spacers and tires to see if that helps.

I might just bite the bullet and get some nice rims with proper spacing.

KnurledNut

SemperFi
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I would get the alignment checked before I dropped serious cash on new wheels.

MikeCooper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I would get the alignment checked before I dropped serious cash on new wheels.
I just had an alignment done with the 3 inch lift. I drove the truck with the lift for 2 weeks on stock tires. No vibration issues. Vibration only started after putting on the spacers and new tires put on.

KnurledNut

SemperFi
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just had an alignment done with the 3 inch lift. I drove the trick with the lift for 2 weeks with the lift on stock tires. No vibration issues. Vibration only started after putting on the spacers and new tires put on.

In that case, pop the spacers off and check for vibration. I know it's more labor but you don't want any vibration causing pieces to fall off going down the highway.

StoneDude76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I just had an alignment done with the 3 inch lift. I drove the truck with the lift for 2 weeks on stock tires. No vibration issues. Vibration only started after putting on the spacers and new tires put on.
What brand and size of tires?

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

MikeCooper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
In that case, pop the spacers off and check for vibration. I know it's more labor but you don't want any vibration causing pieces to fall off going down the highway.
I don't think that will happen, the vibration is not that bad, just noticeable. I would more worry about it wearing out suspension bushings and bearings prematurely.

umbighouse

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I saw a video from someone who mentioned if you use 1.5" spacers, you may need to trim the original studs because they'll stick out too far through the spacer holes. Thoughts?

(I like the look of 1.5", but I'd go with 2" spacers if it means I don't need to touch the original studs)