Wheel to Wheel steps?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChadinTexas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 VVTI
Does anyone have experience with a wheel to wheel sidestep or running boards? I have a 2021 Laramie, Crew Cab 5.7" bed.
Preferably non-drill mounting. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

RedneckHippy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 3500 Tradesman
Engine
6.4 Hemi w/ MDS
White knuckle off road rock sliders mount to the frame and look freakin sweet. Not cheap though.

Papa Red

Papa Red
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I have the factory wheel to wheel side steps and love them. Strong and at a perfect height for my truck.

Red

BOWERSFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I had N-Fab, and hated them .... Found a set of OEM new in the box on Ebay, and they are so much better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2016Bighorny

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the Mopar OEM wheel-to-wheel steps on my 16 Crew Cab, and at a svelte 323lbs and 6'4" tall, they NEVER feel unstable under my feet at all!!

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bought a set of the Laverne53eb0ba259681b561f055a1481396f66.jpg
Mega Steps for mine and I couldn’t be happier. They have brackets that bolt to the same place as the factory steps and even include a fourth set of brackets that go on the rear ends of the steps in front of the back tires for extra support that use factory holes on the lower front track bar attachments. They weren’t cheap at just under a grand but they’re really sturdy, well built steps.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
I also have the OEM Wheel to Wheel . Love them and they are holding up in Maine winters . No drilling required mounting hole there from factory

RAM 1.jpg

GunnyJC

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Laramie 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
I went with the Mopar wheel to wheels. As someone mentioned earlier, a bit spongy near rear wheel. I'm 6x3" and about 205.20201220_112639_1.jpg

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I went with the Mopar wheel to wheels. As someone mentioned earlier, a bit spongy near rear wheel. I'm 6x3" and about 205.View attachment 234201

I’m just curious but since the painted to match boards that my truck came with brand new don’t actually go from
wheel to wheel like those chrome ones look like they do, there’s just only three brackets that bolt to the bottom of my cab and that pinch weld all the way down at the bottom; did Ram use any kind of a fourth bracket back there by the rear wheels or did they just rely on the same three brackets mine came with?

As I mentioned earlier, since my new Laverne steps go all the way from
wheel to wheel, they actually came with a two-piece fourth bracket that attaches to a factory hole the front suspension piece where the front of the lower front control arms connect to.

GunnyJC

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Laramie 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
I’m just curious but since the painted to match boards that my truck came with brand new don’t actually go from
wheel to wheel like those chrome ones look like they do, there’s just only three brackets that bolt to the bottom of my cab and that pinch weld all the way down at the bottom; did Ram use any kind of a fourth bracket back there by the rear wheels or did they just rely on the same three brackets mine came with?

As I mentioned earlier, since my new Laverne steps go all the way from
wheel to wheel, they actually came with a two-piece fourth bracket that attaches to a factory hole the front suspension piece where the front of the lower front control arms connect to.

I think one of the reasons for the spongy feeling in the rear is that the Mopar w-t-w ones that I have only have two mounting places. If you blow up the picture you can see one under where the word RAM is on the front quarter panel and the other is below the rear end of the rear door.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think one of the reasons for the spongy feeling in the rear is that the Mopar w-t-w ones that I have only have two mounting places. If you blow up the picture you can see one under where the word RAM is on the front quarter panel and the other is below the rear end of the rear door.

That must be somethin’ new on the 5th gens then because the 4th gens use three mounting brackets per side.

Festus

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Tradesman
Engine
6.7L diesel
Hi
I have a 2020 2500HD Crew Cab 4x4 Diesel Tradesman. I installed the Raptor Series cab length running boards. Totally satisfied with the brand, looks, and strength.
Festus

Warmachine1320

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 8spd
ill second that the white knuckle sliders are great, sit tight to the body but still useable even for my big clodhoppers in steeltoes, and frame mounted no drill install, plus if you ever offroad em they are a fantastic slider

Fergusontd

FTD
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
These are the ones I had installed when I bought it new! Works great so far!

20180312_002728.jpg