Wheels and Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

marc007

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Been a Jeep guy for years and just upgraded a work Ram 1500 to a new 2022 Larime 1500. Use it for work and pleasure and I am not keeping the chrome wheels and tires it came with. I looking to go with either 18 or 20" and most driving is freeways and streets so I still want a nice ride for longer personal trips. thinking 33's. Truck is stock and I use it for ocassional towing and carrying work payloads. I want a little more aggressive of a look but a good ride still.

Any Help with this decision would be great.

bcbouy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 power wagon
Engine
hemi
in my experience,a good ride and 20's isn't a good mix.that's just my just my personal preference.i've only run 20's on one of my trucks to carry my camper and tow my boats and i still have them sitting behind my shop 5 years later,and haven't put them on in those 5 years.i guess if you're just city driving in a 1500 it wouldn't really matter which ones if you stick with a D rated tire.

Last edited:

cdn cj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I think nice ride, towing and payload all will be enhanced with a smaller rim. I don’t know on 5th gen’s but 17 may be smallest so I would think 18’s are a good place to start.
Pick a tire you like at a load rating that works then see what rim size you can get it in

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I think nice ride, towing and payload all will be enhanced with a smaller rim. I don’t know on 5th gen’s but 17 may be smallest so I would think 18’s are a good place to start.
Pick a tire you like at a load rating that works then see what rim size you can get it in
18 inch wheels are the smallest you can go with on a 5th gen.

@marc007 The '21 Limited I had came with 22" black factory wheels. I switched those out for 18" Rebel night edition wheels and wrapped them in Les Schwab Open Range A/T tires. The tires have an aggressive look, but are load range C so they don't affect ride quality or fuel economy. They're not meant for serious off road use, but work great in rain and snow if you ever drive in those conditions. They also have a 60k mile warranty, which is unusual with A/T tires. Here's a pic of that setup...

New tires front quarter.jpg