Wheels: Chrome vs Polished...opinions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L SRT8 HEMI
In the market for some new wheels as I now have a bent one.
The choices are overwhelming.
Ive found one I like( im partial to oem style wheels) from a later year than mine. Its a 5 spoke but I can get it in several trims. Whats most perplexing about this what do you guys prefer and why?
Between polished and chrome. Im sure the chrome wheels these days are pvd but still id like to hear tour thoughts.

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
For me the chrome ones are as simple as wax and shine. No worries of clear coat peeling but chrome could peel also!

Brads41789

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
In the market for some new wheels as I now have a bent one.
The choices are overwhelming.
Ive found one I like( im partial to oem style wheels) from a later year than mine. Its a 5 spoke but I can get it in several trims. Whats most perplexing about this what do you guys prefer and why?
Between polished and chrome. Im sure the chrome wheels these days are pvd but still id like to hear tour thoughts.
Me personally, I prefer polished or black (if it fits the style). Chrome looks alright but it's too easy to go overboard on the chrome. I too am partial to oem looks. I'm a huge fan of the limited style wheels with the polished inserts and the longhorn style with non chrome.