Where are the 19 speakers? ‍♂️

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

spinxt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
My Laramie has the optional HK 19 speaker system. I’m only counting 11???

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Here’s the speaker layout, some speakers are 2 way or 3 way speakers so they count each way as a speaker. So there’s not really 19 individual speakers.

3DEF0475-A72C-45E2-BAA9-32CBE2B72C73.jpeg

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
There are not 19 complete separate speaker like that make it seem. They use 3 way and 2 way speakers and count them as separate speakers.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 RAM Limited
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Right. The 19 speaker count thing is pretty much marketing hooey. A 3-way speaker (coaxial with tweeter, mid and sub) should never be counted as three separate speakers. But RAM did. As well, their claim of a 900 watt audio system is additional hooey. That is peak rating on all channels out of the amp on this system. Our ears hear RMS, not peak. (RMS is close to average although it's not exactly the same thing, but close enough for all but purists.) And the 900 watt claim by RAM is the sum of all amplifier outputs, not per channel as you will find on more detailed spec sheets. It can be important to spec peak power because if changing out a speaker, it is important to know the peak capability of that speaker and the peak capability of the amplifier output feeding it, so as not to blow out the speaker.

But if a company fails to specify the per channel ratings, their specs are pretty worthless in my opinion.

Now, that said, the RAM HK "19 speaker, 900 watt" system can sound pretty good to most people. If wanting still more performance, there are indeed aftermarket upgrades out there.