Where are the 2022’s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Floridaboy68

Reaction score
Ram Year
I ordered a 2022 Ram Rebel back in June dealer still says waiting on parts. Anybody else going through this same thing?

audiophile

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
We haven't had any order units for 22's but we do have 20 of them on our lot.

rickiedp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7litre diesel
I ordered a 3500 back in August and still waiting With no updates. You would think that they should produce the ones that ware ordered first rather than the ones they haven't sold yet! I'm very disgusted!!

rickiedp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7litre diesel
I ordered a 2022 Ram Rebel back in June dealer still says waiting on parts. Anybody else going through this same thing?
I ordered a 3500 Laramie back in August and still waiting With no updates. You would think that they should produce the ones that ware ordered first rather than the ones they haven't sold yet! I'm very disgusted!!

audiophile

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I ordered a 3500 Laramie back in August and still waiting With no updates. You would think that they should produce the ones that ware ordered first rather than the ones they haven't sold yet! I'm very disgusted!!
Did you get the HO/Aisin setup? If so, that is where the delay is. Even the stock unit 3500s that we are getting are the standard 6.7l w the 68RFE.

Oyou812

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L I6 Cummins HO Turbo Diesel
That isn't good to hear! I ordered my 3500 Limited on Oct 8th. I was told it was a status of D1 two weeks ago. Do you have the status code on your order?

soapy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
My brother ordered his in early October, built November 6 but won't get to the dealer until between Dec. 2 to the 10th. It was a very loaded Laramie w/o air suspension.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was told by the dealer and by @RamCares on Twitter still in D status waiting on parts smh

It's a crapshoot, some people have been in D (waiting on parts) from last spring still, some even longer in Canada. Those people have actually been waiting so long that their orders had to be converted from 21s to 22s. And then on the other hand, I recently saw someone on here showing pictures of their ordered truck that arrived in under a month from the time the order was placed.

There is another ram forum that is specific to 5th gens, you might want to take a look over there as they are tracking orders for any members there that want to take part in the practice. It's still hard to nail down any reason as to why some trucks get built so quickly while others have to wait so long, but misery loves company.

I was in D for about 2 months when I ordered back in March, after that my build moved right along but things have definitely gotten worse since then.

bcbouy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 power wagon
Engine
hemi
i waffled between ordering one in Canada and buying off the dealer lot.now i'm glad i bought off the lot.the local ram/ford/gm dealers around me still have barely any heavy duty trucks on their lots.i ordered a Cougar travel trailer back in late september and i'll be lucky if i see it by spring.when the boat i was looking for appeared in early oct. i jumped on it right away,it was one of 2 available in all of Canada and i'm still waiting for accessories i ordered for it.

Sash

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ram1500
FORD is the same way I order f150 about 7 weeks a go and the dealer told me today my order is not processed , ill be lucky to get my truck b4 the summer.

IDSandman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was just going to say, glad you complainers didn’t order a ford. Neighbor just received his new F150 after 11mo’s from time of order. Funny how we got accustomed to the instant gratification then forget the world shut down for 5 months or more last year as well as it’s very difficult to hire people today.

dotcomdewd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I picked up a 2022 rebel night edition 2 weeks ago. I bought it right from the truck, never hit the dealers website. Doesn't have EVERY option I want but it's good enough. Unfortunately it was really expensive and the dealer wanted to charge me 5K over MSRP because it's so difficult to get that truck. I negotiated down to 3K over MSRP and still feel like I got the raw end of the stick but it's a nice truck, I will get over the dealer gouging some day.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
With the electronic chips being in real short supply
Things like :
Heads Up Display
Digital Rear Mirror
360 view
Trailer camera system
& things like it, are holding up some of the 2022 Rams

Some of you need to sit down with the dealership sales manager or asst sales manager
Talk about a Change Order, or Cancellation if those things listed above are on your order list.
Of course you can wait it out & stick with your order.

Before Covid
it took 3 months average to get your 1500s, except for places like Nova Scotia, Vancouver Island & to points further away
4 months was a good timing for Heavy Duty models in most States

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Took about 8 months for 2021 Rebel, and 2021 Rubicon took 6 months.

KKBB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm just gonna say get used to the longer waits and few options on dealer lots and higher prices. They are doing it on purpose and that is so they can get people to pay more. Im not saying the chip shortage isn't or wasn't part of the reason, but the companies see that they can charge more by keeping it this way. A Ford dealer around me that my buddy knows real well said the owner told him this is how Ford is doing it for the foreseeable future.

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
I'm just gonna say get used to the longer waits and few options on dealer lots and higher prices. They are doing it on purpose and that is so they can get people to pay more. Im not saying the chip shortage isn't or wasn't part of the reason, but the companies see that they can charge more by keeping it this way. A Ford dealer around me that my buddy knows real well said the owner told him this is how Ford is doing it for the foreseeable future.

99.99% of that is on the dealership playing games with the pricing. From a corporate level, they are still selling their vehicles to the dealership for invoice minus holdbacks regardless. Any invoice/sticker price increase is applied across the board to all dealerships.

So any third hand friend of a friend that knows a guy who knows a dealership owner giving out a story that corporate is responsible for a ADM market pricing is selling a bullsh*t story.

Last edited:

tnpete

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My 22 DRW Big Horn has been sitting on the port Allen yard. A week waiting on a ride the last 120 miles to the dealers lot. Ordered Sept 13th.

Dusty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I ordered a 3500 back in August and still waiting With no updates. You would think that they should produce the ones that ware ordered first rather than the ones they haven't sold yet! I'm very disgusted!!
Actually, they are all "ordered." If you see vehicles coming in ahead of yours, whether inventory or customer ordered, it's because they were probably ordered ahead of yours. In some cases, individual orders are held back when certain components are not immediately available.

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 03 June 2018. Now at: 061855 miles.

Bills toys

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie 3500
Engine
6.7 Cummings deleted
I ordered a Laramie 3500 HO on the 23 of October, the dealer said it's going to ship the 7th of December.