Where did you get your camshaft and lifter kit from

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

11Ram0utd00rsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My 2011 has the hemi tick. I lost cylinder 3. Misfire code, constant tick, loss of power ect you all know the deal. I’m perfectly capable or replacing the cam and lifters I’m just short on cash and it’s Xmas time the worst time for this to happen. That said I see entire mds kits on Amazon and eBay ect that has all the parts to get this repaired comes with the cam the lifters and all the gaskets. I can’t afford a new truck maybe next year so if I get a little more time out of it I’m happy I’ll spend a few days repairing her. Has anyone ever bought any of these and had success? If not where did you get your parts from. Thanks all

OP
OP

11Ram0utd00rsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looks like about 900 bucks from rock auto and 483 bucks on Amazon. I guess if it’s too good to be true it probably is

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looks like about 900 bucks from rock auto and 483 bucks on Amazon. I guess if it’s too good to be true it probably is
I got all my parts on rockauto was about 1300 for everything however I did oil pump chain and tensioner ect while I was in there I would stay away from amazon for internal engine parts in my opinion Also consider removing mds.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Sadly not on ramforum vendors, they don't seam to carry cam/lifter combos or even lifters. Pick a ram forum vendor and search for lifters, you will get this...

0 Results For 'Lifters'​

Opportunity for someone to fix this, I can only imagine how much business you would get if you carried lifters. This is why amazon is winning, it seams people literally don't want to fix problems and make money.