where did you get your gears?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
The labor charge usually goes up because they make money on the parts as well.
All my quotes have been in line. I got a deal on locker and gears. I’d rather buy it myself and know it’s the right stuff.

Bldrinker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
All my quotes have been in line. I got a deal on locker and gears. I’d rather buy it myself and know it’s the right stuff.

wait you don’t trust them to buy the right stuff? But you trust them to put it in?

if they can’t order it right no way in hell will they install right.

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
wait you don’t trust them to buy the right stuff? But you trust them to put it in?

if they can’t order it right no way in hell will they install right.
Not quite what I meant. Obviously you have nothing better to do lol. Have a great day :favorites13:

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
Been having trouble finding gears anywhere what a hassle. Tried to buy from Moe's 6 phone calls 4 emails and no replies from there so he's having a covid holiday I'd say. Summit doesn't have the zf trutrac it's special order, everyone I try to get ahold of for the 4.56 gears says they're sold out, backordered or don't ship to fn Canada. [emoji849]

Ended up ordering a trutrac on eBay just to get it going again. Powrwagon axle swap may be in the works.

e72e17f9a9950731c75d9694d137798e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G981W using Tapatalk

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
most of your aftermarket companies probly get the gears from the same place in korea or china. aam will be from usa or mexico

Nope, Motive Gears are made in Italy and have Zero wind.

I try to get ahold of for the 4.56 gears says they're sold out, backordered or don't ship to fn Canada. [emoji849]

Amazon.ca has 4.56 in stock right now. I got my Motive gears there as it was cheaper then Summit or Jegs

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine

Amazon.ca has 4.56 in stock right now. I got my Motive gears there as it was cheaper then Summit or Jegs
Seriously?!? Amazon!! Would never have thought there of all places [emoji23]

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Seriously?!? Amazon!! Would never have thought there of all places [emoji23]

I get 80% or my parts there...lol... Heck My lift kit was also cheaper on Amazon... hahahahah

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
I get 80% or my parts there...lol... Heck My lift kit was also cheaper on Amazon... hahahahah
That's crazy! [emoji23]

crazy jerry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

im not saying they arent made there but have you seen 11.5/9.25 box to verify that ? supposedly motive gear used to be made in usa or so the rumor has it. theres also motive gear photos from india. today at this very moment in time they very well could be from italy.
these companies putting their names on gears will change manufacturers from time to time. ive seen yukon boxes that say china but it was about 2yr ago. didnt someone say they could be from korea now ?
ive seen nitro boxes and there was no country of manufacture or any identifying marks on the gears that i could see but the website claims they get them from korea.
ive seen the aam 11.5/9.25 boxes and one said usa and the other was mexico.
anyways, the best way to know for sure is call the gear company and ask where the gears are made for your exact specific axles.

Fishstickz

Reaction score
Ram Year
'06, '16
Engine
3.7, 5.7 Hemi
The shop I went to uses US Standard gears, which seems to be off-brand Yukons. My 4.56s are silent after 500 miles. Couldn’t be happier

Supply chains are disasters right now though. They had insane issues getting the gears, the detroit trutrac, and even the gasket.

Trutrac was on backorder, but luckily still came in on time.

The gears were a particular nightmare and ended up pushing my install back a day. Shop ordered the gears from a website only to receive an “oh yeah we don’t actually have those” email 2 DAYS before my truck was scheduled. I got lucky and the guys found some gears elsewhere and paid extra to ship em quick at no charge to me. Unrelated but these guys went above and beyond to get me set up, they were awesome and I have nothing but good things to say about em

Also, the particular gasket the shop uses wasn’t in when I got the gears installed, so they’re supposed to put it on when I get the oil changed out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crazy jerry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The ones I installed on my truck

nice. theyre probly good qaulity then. ive got a few things from italy and have no complaints about any of it (gun, welding machine, pliers etc). they also make bearings that im sure are as good as any