Where is the Keyless Entry Module located??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
The lock button and the fob make it do the stem jumps up and down thing. Once I can get it to lock once then it will unlock and lock perfect as many times as I like until I start the truck again.
If it's just one door I'd suspect the actuator in the door, if it's all of the doors then it's probably in the BCM.

Reactions: BWL

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
If it's just one door I'd suspect the actuator in the door, if it's all of the doors then it's probably in the BCM.
I've seen the passenger side do it on occasion, but every other time it's just the drivers door and I've never seen the back doors do it. Actuator is one of the things that's been replaced twice.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Well I got the door latch mechanism changed a second time. Predictably my power locks still don't work. Getting close to 4 years and easily a dozen dealer visits. They don't think it's the BCM, but what do they know. Seems like not how to fix door locks. I didn't drive the truck the first 2 years I owned it so it's pretty much been a problem for the trucks entire life. I'm almost at the point of just getting a shop to put in different actuators and run a separate fob to lock it. I don't get how something that's been around so long (power locks) has become an unfixable problem somehow.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
On July 11, i drove my Ram to a Locksmith shop, the same shop also has Mobile Units.

What had happened was i had a Lock Dance & Horn beep.
The thing was my spare FOB was in my apartment.
I took it apart & looked at the Green Circuit Board & it had 2 charred spots on the board. ( maybe a shorted out unit )
I grabbed my daily use FOB to unlock & then lock the Ram.
It stopped beeping & i walked out & saw the manual lock was stable.

The following day i went to that locksmith.

They offered to try repairing the bad FOB & i declined.

They had FOBs of several types in a cabinet & grabbed one that appeared to be the same as a Dodge FOB.

They took my good FOB, a suitcase computer & the blank FOB out to my Ram.
About 20 minutes later, the Lady walked in & showed me that she could start the Ram using either FOB & that she could work the Locking Mechanisms.
Then she cut another Valet Key.
Total charge $145.98

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
In my mind it's an electronic module or BCM . I have 3 keys and whether I'm home or at the grocery store etc. It does it with all the keys as I've switched them up a lot since I keep the truck key separate from all my other keys. So I grab whichever one is most conveniently located at the moment. I don't have time to take it in this trip home so it'll be a couple months before they get another look at it and then probably another month to bring it back to throw in whatever part they figure is next on the list. Guess it doesn't matter much at this point. I've lived with it this long.

posttal

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 and 2013 Laramie
Engine
hemi 5.7
whats the smaller unit plugged into the RF hub with the pink connector ? ? ?