Where is the Subwoofer in the 2019's?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
It looks like if you don't have etorque theres room for a subwoofer on 1 side and amps on the other or if you're into bigger bass you can still put subs under the seat and amps etc on the back wall. With that divider flipped up I'd say there's more under seat room than the 4th gen have.

Donald Francis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It was a " Q bomb" single 12" enclosure. I just had to change the angle of back edge and notch the inboard edge to get it to fit how I wanted it. This was a temporary solution until aftermarket products start coming out. I wanted to put a sub behind the bench but couldn't figure it out with limited space and the shallow subs just don't have the kick I was looking for.
Question: Never been a real fan of pancake subs...I'm currently thinking of just using my old single 12" sub box in the middle...that being said...how do you find the punch and boom of your pancake sub compared to a stand alone box with a full size 12?

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 RAM Limited
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Donald, I am putting in dual 10's (using shallow Pioneers [got a great deal online!]) under the rear seat using a box I bought from Supercrewsound. At the moment, I have the factory amp feeding them but I did a dry run with a new 400 watt RMS amp today. Dry run meaning I laid the amp on the floor and ran the power cable out the door, alongside the truck and tied it to the battery. I just wanted to see how it sounded before I went to the trouble of mounting it and doing a full install. There is so much bass coming out of that setup that it's TOO much for me! In fact, I couldn't dial it down enough for everyday listening! I'm going to need to attenuate the input to the amp with an outboard control. In summary, LOTS of boom! Your mileage may vary. It actually sounds pretty decent with the factory amp to tell the truth. But of course, having separate amp will ultimately give me better control once I find the right input level.

Sorry, I don't have a full size 10 or 12 to compare to. That would be interesting.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
With the floor now flat and open under there i'd love to see somebody put a box in like this. hqdefault.jpg with no hump in the centre it should be an easy fit. Sundown X v2 6.5" subs. Can fit 6 in a 2.0 cu.ft ported box off a 1800w rms amp. Those little suckers make some noise without a seat lift.

Last edited:

David L

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
i junk yard scavanged a sub from a 2019 ram to put in my 87 Ram dunno how to wire it..has 3 outputs i metered them out to be 2.0 Ohms..help pls:( heres pics 20190423_185631.jpg 20190423_185659.jpg

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Looks like there was 2 wires snipped. Which is positive and which is negative I couldn't say, but meter on those 2 points and I'd say thats where you'll solder you speaker leads. Wiring them backwards just puts them out of phase. Easily corrected if you get it wrong.

Sal269

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Good Question. I have a 19 Laramie and I haven't spotted it in the couple times I looked around. I though it would be under the back seat in plain view once the seat is raised...nope. So my guess is either under the passenger seat or if there is some kind of cavity for the e-torque set up that is use-able without the batteries taking up the space. I'll have to look under the seat when I'm able...I've seen that they make subs to fit under seats so that's my best guess.

Sal269

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
The sub in my Laramie is under the rear passenger side seat. Will post pic shortly.

Michol02

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500(new body style)
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do the rear seats in the 2019 Laramie fold DOWN? I saw where some earlier years did(using a little pull strap on back of the seat).

Pep_594

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Where did you get the power and remote wire for the Line Output Converter? Have you had any issues with the ANC since the sun/amp install?

Pep_594

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I have a 2019 longhorn with the Harmon Kardon System. I’m looking to add two 12’s under the seat with a amp and line output converter. I’m not sure where to get the remote wire and power for the line output converter and I’m also concerned with the ANC issues. I found a bypass harness for ANC on the factory amp in another forum but it says it is for the trucks without the HK sub. Any help would be appreciated.

magic280z

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do the rear seats in the 2019 Laramie fold DOWN? I saw where some earlier years did(using a little pull strap on back of the seat).
Laramie level 1 with reclining seats sorda fold with string release that is hard to get to. Seat fabric on the back is attached to the floor so it prevents much movement.

Also those complaining about h&k system with bad sound there is supposed to be an update.

I'm happy with the alpine I don't listen loud so volume levels 8-12 are good for me and sound great.

2019 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4 - Crew Cab/5.7 Bed - 5.7 Hemi - 3.92 - Anti Spin - Level 1 Options - RamBox - BUG

Lizzy B

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
Hey Bois I have a few questions. I’m fixin to upgrade from an ‘06 to a 2021 Laramie I think. Was gonna order one with the HK. I too was somewhat disappointed in both the Alpine and HK. Should I just save my money, get a factory stereo and then have my own put in??

fdadfda

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2019 longhorn with the Harmon Kardon System. I’m looking to add two 12’s under the seat with a amp and line output converter. I’m not sure where to get the remote wire and power for the line output converter and I’m also concerned with the ANC issues. I found a bypass harness for ANC on the factory amp in another forum but it says it is for the trucks without the HK sub. Any help would be appreciated.

Bump

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joeyoliver45