Where to find auxiliary switches to replace blanks in dash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vtron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just bought a 2014 Ram Sport (convert from a tree-crushed F150) and I wanted to install a switched amp to run speakers in the bed for tailgating. I have a few blank spots in the switch panel where the heated/ventilated seat buttons are which would be a perfect location for the amp switch. Is there anywhere I can buy OEM looking auxiliary switches for those locations? Thanks.

BlkRamRt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I have seen them on ebay.

OP
OP
V

vtron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

DCRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Bump

I have exactly the same issue. I want to use the blank auxiliary position in the single row od auxiliary switches at the bottom of the center stack for add on mods (bed lights, etc.) I need to punch out the un used position and add OEM style switches. If anyone has a lead on a vendor for those switches, I also would like to buy them.

My switch bank currently has two live switches, one to toggle off traction control, and one to toggle the "Haul/Tow" function. I want to use the stations to each side of these switches.

4t-2013-center-stack-comparison-2013-ram-1500-base.jpg

apepe0738

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 2500 Crew Cab 4x4
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I have not seen any for the 2013-2014 Trucks yet, but looking at where the switches mount, if you have the heated/ventilated seats and/or the steering wheel heater you cant put the factory switches in as they use those spots.

Look here:
http://www.ramtrucks.com/shared/201...fits/Ram-upfits-gallery-upfitter-switches.jpg

Either way you can't just add the switches like in the 2009-2012 Rams you have to replace the entire switch assembly...

OP
OP
V

vtron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have not seen any for the 2013-2014 Trucks yet, but looking at where the switches mount, if you have the heated/ventilated seats and/or the steering wheel heater you cant put the factory switches in as they use those spots.

Look here:
http://www.ramtrucks.com/shared/201...fits/Ram-upfits-gallery-upfitter-switches.jpg

Either way you can't just add the switches like in the 2009-2012 Rams you have to replace the entire switch assembly...

Boooo. That's not what I want to hear.

This weekend I'll have to take it apart and see what's behind those blank spots. I was hoping someone else had done that work for me.

DCRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sounds like a project is in the works then. I'm good with a rabbit drill (antique dentist drill, for those who care), so vtron, please post pics if you dig in there. If it looks like the dummies can be cut out, I just need to find something that can be fit in there and looks good. I'm lucky, I only want two toggles. If I could find my current bank scrapped, I bet I could re-purpose the two buttons on that bank into mine.

My truck's new though, and I'd rather not start cutting on it. maybe a bank for a more optioned truck could be used for what I want, if I can find it.

DCRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
apepe0738, the switch grouping you posted is much more complicated than the one in my tradesman (express) trim truck. My switch bank is a single row of 6 or 8 button positions, with only 2 used at this point. If I could find the same bank with two aux positions, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

OP
OP
V

vtron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sounds like a project is in the works then. I'm good with a rabbit drill (antique dentist drill, for those who care), so vtron, please post pics if you dig in there. If it looks like the dummies can be cut out, I just need to find something that can be fit in there and looks good. I'm lucky, I only want two toggles. If I could find my current bank scrapped, I bet I could re-purpose the two buttons on that bank into mine.

My truck's new though, and I'd rather not start cutting on it. maybe a bank for a more optioned truck could be used for what I want, if I can find it.

I'll be sure to post pictures if I find anything useful. Hopefully I'll have time to attack it this weekend.

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I'm in this boat with my 2010. Mine is the single row. I have three empty slots not being used and would like to wire switches there to run an amp and off-road lights someday.

LETHAL GTS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I too am looking for a switch that will work for my future LED bar.
I don't want to replace the whole row. I just want to add one one switch that looks factory.

DCRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Cruizer, you may be in luck. looks like what you are looking for is available.
2010-2012 Dodge RAM 1500-3500 Auxiliary Switches and Wiring

I'm looking to see if these can be engineered into my 2013, but I'll have to shoehorn them into the existing bank of switches. Seems your truck may have a spot for the full assembly.

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi

DCRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sorry Cruizer, I had seen that, and they don't fit anywhere on my truck. I'd take them if they did.

LETHAL GTS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Those are to replace the Ram bar at the bottom of the center bezel. It adds another switch bar with empty slots. I just want to add switches to my existing control that has 3 empty slots.

Same here, but I wonder if you could pop those out and add them to my existing bar.

DCRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Same here, but I wonder if you could pop those out and add them to my existing bar.

Looks like the damned thing is not modular. 2013-14 owners are going to have to wait for someone to vend a replacement switch bank.

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I think there's circuitry under the whole switch bar if I remember correctly. Don't even think you can punch straight through. Did see this on another forum though and am thinking of doing something similar with push button switches. Might have to fab some plastic though. I won't even be this far until maybe summer next year though.

IMG-20120226-00049.jpg

apepe0738

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 2500 Crew Cab 4x4
Engine
6.7 Cummins
apepe0738, the switch grouping you posted is much more complicated than the one in my tradesman (express) trim truck. My switch bank is a single row of 6 or 8 button positions, with only 2 used at this point. If I could find the same bank with two aux positions, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

I just used that as an example. I have the same as you, all blank except for Traction Control and Tow/Haul. The switch banks come in all styles, but the ones with the Aux buttons come with 4 Aux buttons, no less. So for both of us we would just need to find a bank that has the aux switches plus just the Tow/Haul and Traction Control buttons. Those with higher trims that have the heated/cooled seats will not be able to get the aux switches as they take up the space that the heated/cooled seats and heated steering wheel buttons use...

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radikio