Where to get codes flashed without patina an arm and leg?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes they plug a special tool into your OBD2 port that is connected to a computer. The computer reads your Vin# and comes up with list of available options for your trim level. The Technician simply cuts and pastes to add the codes you want. I watched my friend do mine. Once we actualy got it in the shop and hooked up it only took a few minutes.

butterscotch71

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Limited Longhorn
Engine
I had a dealer tell me they would not add the codes unless they also installed the part (in my case the trailer brake controller)...

JRG18

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Was talking with my dealer about installing remote start. There is a kit that comes with the parts and blank key fobs. They said that whether I installed the hardware myself dropped the box on his desk, the cost was $135. That included fob programming and everything. I would definitely call around.

Edit: This is in Northern VA.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nor Cal 4 lyfe!

That aside - yeah, I actually bought the truck in EG, but Lodi was WAY easier to get in for a service appointment, and they were cheaper. Plus - Saturday services hours FTW.

Off topic, but you taking it to a dealer or shop down there?

On-topic... Is there any speed shops near your that specialized in Hemi performance that may be able to reflash things?

pssnyderpc

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 3500 Tradesman 4wd
Engine
6.7 Diesel
Thanks for the info!

DocHoliday

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
cptwing hit it on the head, there are 2 kinds of codes guys- the ones that are OPTIONS for your truck that are there in the system and click, click done and then the ones that require the dealer to update your build sheet and then download them as factory included options in your truck. Those are what the dealers are starting to charge for!
An Express doesn't have an option for Laramie Heated and Leather seats, but you can add the build code to the build list and boom, now it works.

Ktstull

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Does anyone know of a dealer in Maryland that would do this for cheap? My closest dealership quoted me $130 for the install of my trailer brake controller, then when I decided to do it myself, they charged me $110 to program the code.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ramrt1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 1500 R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7
We use Autozone where I live, but my trinity does the same.

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
We use Autozone where I live, but my trinity does the same.

They are not talking about OBDII diagnostic codes, but option codes that are programmed to a vehicle for certain option functions. Autozone does nothing of this sort.