where to get parts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bryan Jones

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Hey everyone I have an 86 D150 in need of some love, where are you all getting your restorartion parts from?

u2slow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6BTA
Amazon, rockauto, FB marketplace, CL, and www.car-part.com

Edit: yeah, lots of things arent available. With Chevs and Fords can do a restoration by catalog.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Older vehicles are lined up just off the major roads
Interstate 20 around Ft. Worth
Side roads in Missouri
Ontario Canada well north of Toronto

Advertised yards

PaPitt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L
&. I need that plastic section over the speaker on the top of the dash...
& I'd been planning on going to my LMC catalog . But I guess you saying look at my derlicks I have setting around.
.....Edit my post I got lucky 07-11-22... I found my Speaker screen ... Even the correct color. & Free. & I even got it installed without breaking it..

Last edited:

PaPitt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L
Yes I too looked through my LMC Catalog last evening & I sure couldn't find the inside trim pieces I need.
......Nor can I find the Stock Front Fender Flares .
I want the Hard rubber or plastic ones , one of my 91's or 93's had these I believe these are from the LE Package.
I've seen some smaller Metal chrome strips , but those aren't what I want.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
For your fender flares, you may be in luck

Steele Rubber ( catalog )

very costly dodge truck parts

PaPitt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L
I'll come back to this post & ask where are you guys finding the best prices for the plastic clips that hold our chrome trim pieces on.
Man those little top of the fender pieces are like 2.50 each & You need about 6 on each section. You could end up with 150.00 of clips . That's B'S . There has got to be a better place to buy them .

maxx442

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 3500
Engine
6.7 H.O.
There is nothing cheap for these old Dodge trucks. I have found time and again that it is often cheaper to buy the entire truck if it has the pieces you need than the parts themselves. Typical situation of the sum of the parts being worth more than the whole. That is probably why I literally have a dozen of these old trucks.

Ron Boggio

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l
Hard parts pretty much available, trim pieces not so much. However you can manufacture a lot of them yourself albeit it wont be factory. The biggest heartache is dashboards, and their covers. They are the "ghost". I am currently restoring a 1986 Ramcharger. Anything dash related is a serious hunt.

1970Pelle

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
90 W150,ShortBed/87 Ramcharger 2WD project
Engine
W150 318,4bbl,auto4x4 VGC/ 87 Ramcharger 318/904 VGC
Ramcharger and pickup dash parts are the same. I double checked my FPM and my FSM part numbers the same. Dash stuff is plentyfull here in N.E. Florida, check the LQK websites. They will send alerts when one hits the yard.

That's how Have found my parts needed. And I bought a parts truck. I removed everything I needed. And have been selling parts from the donor truck. So far it has paid for its self. KenIMG_0939.JPG

PaPitt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L
Ken Maxx & Ron. yes I too believe buying any old truck or Ramcharger I can find.
iN My corner of Texas .. 300.OO IS the most I've had to give for a ''used'' truck.
& I live in the country & years ago I've taken in almost any old **** that someone is will to give me to haul off. . Now I don't have that many ... maybe 15 but not all Dodges .. But I've laughed about the last one I got.
I needed an AC Box not 6 months ago ... SO I bought one though a shop that was working on my 1988D250. hAD TO GIVE $100.00 almost didn't buy it but since it was in that young mans garage ... I bought it & He got my truck back to me in about 3 days.
About 2 months later the young man that had worked on my truck called & said ... Hey that kid I bought that AC part for your truck ... He's just dropped off His trailer with the rest of that old dodge pickup on it .. He said to give it to you ..
Yes I went over to his garage & got that old truck . Got 2 good doors ... & a good driver side seat belt piece I've needed for over a year.
& some more dash pieces... When I took the trailer back I told the shop owner .. I got more parts I need than that $100.00 part I bought .. We had a good laugh.
Done turn down all the 1st deals.

u2slow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6BTA
I've taken to deleting trim entirely when I don't have it all. The stock flares kind of suck actually... Unless you're just covering rust holes.

I thought my days of three-digit parts trucks were over, but I'm lined up for a $600 deal on a '90 clubcab next week. They are still out there.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963