Where's the Place to Buy New Tires the Cheapest?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ludville1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi Sport Crew
Looking to upgrade to BF Goodrich K02's 35 12.50 20 from the stock size K02's that I have on now. The cheapest that I can find for a set of 4 is eBay at $1483 + tax shipped. Installation is not an issue because I have all of my tires mounted and balanced at the local Walmart with Lifetime Rotation and Balance. The truck is all set up to go to the bigger tires as far as lift and spacers, as the truck had 35 12.50 20's on it when I bought it.

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have always had great service and fast shipping from tirebuyer.com they will ship to a local shop if you have one that participates. I have had discount tire match once but other times they did not even tho they advertise that they do. I have also had DT tell me tires were on nationwide backorder and 3 days later tirebuyer.com had them delivered to me. One thing if you don't have the ability to mount and balance your own tires I have found some places will absolutely try and hose you if you mail order tires and carry them in. My local Firestone is the only tire shop that does not hose you and they just so happen to be a participating shop with tirebuyer.com they also give discounts to vets, first responders, tradesman and teachers which is usually 7-10% off

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Just buy local, it will be cheaper in the long run. Places like discount tire offer free rotate and balance and if there is an issue it is taken care of right there. No hassling with some online company trying to replace a bad tire etc.

EdGs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Don't forget to check Wal-Mart. I ordered my Cooper Discoverer A/T LT265/70R17, load range E, 118/121S. $600 OTD. Lifetime balance, rotation and road hazard

PolarisCobra

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Be careful with online tire purchases. If there is a problem (defective tire or recall), and you buy locally, they will take care of you. If you go have a problem with an online purchase, you will need to deal with them to get a replacement, or whatever else is needed, then pay a second time for mounting/balancing. You can wind up with a lot more hassle, and little to no money savings at the end of the day.

If the savings is big enough, it may be worth it...

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Don't forget to check Wal-Mart. I ordered my Cooper Discoverer A/T LT265/70R17, load range E, 118/121S. $600 OTD. Lifetime balance, rotation and road hazard
I am sure some Walmarts have good tire shop employees but my local Wal-mart I would not let them change a donkey cart tire. I drop my used oil off there and always take a few minutes to observe them at work as the oil drop is in the tire shop. Cringe worthy at best.

kurek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Big, name-brand tires are gonna cost a lot.. that's a given. I think 95% of anyone who has a big ol lifted truck drives it around to feel like a baller anyway so you gotta spend like a baller if you wanna be one.

If you're getting them mounted at walmart anyway have you checked walmart.com ? They're a marketplace like amazon these days, you can get all sorts of stuff on there that's not "at walmart" usually for a pretty competitive price.

Princeton_Man

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've bought a lot of tires from DiscountTireDirect, Tirebuyer, and several others. Of course, I always had to them somewhere to be mounted and by the time I paid for mounting and balancing, I never saved much. While shopping around for my last set of Coopers, I decided to call one of our local small business tire shops. He had to order them too, but he quoted me a better price mounted, balanced, and out the door, than I could have ever gotten buying online and paying to have them mounted and balanced.

If I ever have a problem with them, he's just 10 minutes away.

EdGs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I am sure some Walmarts have good tire shop employees but my local Wal-mart I would not let them change a donkey cart tire. I drop my used oil off there and always take a few minutes to observe them at work as the oil drop is in the tire shop. Cringe worthy at best.

A good many years ago, I had Sears tire dept over-torque my lugs on two of my tires. Ended up having to bust 3 studs off with a BFH, and then had to argue with them to get them to replace the studs. They tried to get out of it, but they couldn't argue with the receipt I had.

Since then, and now, with WalMart, I always watch. And ask that they hand-torque the lugs. They did. I will rotate my own tires, though. I just don't want to have to wait for them to get to it.

Can't beat $600 OTD for these:
Resized_20191216_160708.jpg

Last edited:

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Find the best price online. Print it and contact your local Americas Tires. If they sell the tire they will price match it. Just show them to them. I'd rather but from them as it has been said any problem with the tire gets taken care directly by them. Any local tire shop can do the same if they want your business. Support your local tire shop.

Toddbigboytruck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
A good many years ago, I had Sears tire dept over-torque my lugs on two of my tires. Ended up having to bust 3 studs off with a BFH, and then had to argue with them to get them to replace the studs. They tried to get out of it, but they couldn't argue with the receipt I had.

Since then, and now, with WalMart, I always watch. And ask that they hand-torque the lugs. They did. I will rotate my own tires, though. I just don't want to have to wait for them to get to it.

Can't beat $600 OTD for these:
View attachment 239564
I just ordered those will be on my truck next Friday hope they are good. Paied 1300$ cdn. With six years warranty and rotating 275 60 R20