Which Borla exhaust?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Turp94

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Have had my truck for 3 months now and after some research, I am deciding to go with a borla system. Having trouble deciding on whether to go with the S-Type or the ATAK. Anyone with either of these systems installed have an insight or feedback?

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Hello, I’ve had the “ S Type “ and now I have the Touring. For my family needs after installing the S Type it was a little too much for my wife to deal with. So it was pulled and put up for sale. For me it was a great sound, but I have to respect her wishes so now I have the Touring. The Touring is still aggressive upon startup, but idles down to a nice sound until you punch it. Then it’s in a beastly but yet still manageable if that helps any. I’ve yet to hear of anyone running the Atak.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sound and loudness to one person can be different to another. Think of the Touring as a slightly louder version of stock but can scream at WOT. S will do everything louder, idle, cruise, startup, WOT. ATAK is loud pretty much all the time. ATAK is most likely not for the person with a long commute or needs to worry about waking neighbors in the morning. It sounds amazing but isnt for everyone.

Let me know if you have any questions and message me if you would like a quote. We can get you set up with a discount!

OP
OP
Turp94

Turp94

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sound and loudness to one person can be different to another. Think of the Touring as a slightly louder version of stock but can scream at WOT. S will do everything louder, idle, cruise, startup, WOT. ATAK is loud pretty much all the time. ATAK is most likely not for the person with a long commute or needs to worry about waking neighbors in the morning. It sounds amazing but isnt for everyone.

Let me know if you have any questions and message me if you would like a quote. We can get you set up with a discount!

I've seen a video of the 3 trying to find the difference. I can definitely tell that the s type and atak are more aggressive than the touring, but I dont think the video did much justice for the atak as it didnt seem to sound any louder than the s type. As far as worrying about neighbors, shouldn't be an issue as I'm always the last one out the door every morning. Could I get a quote for the s type and atak?

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've seen a video of the 3 trying to find the difference. I can definitely tell that the s type and atak are more aggressive than the touring, but I dont think the video did much justice for the atak as it didnt seem to sound any louder than the s type. As far as worrying about neighbors, shouldn't be an issue as I'm always the last one out the door every morning. Could I get a quote for the s type and atak?

The ATAK is definitely louder than the S. Sounds awesome tho!

Are you looking for chrome or black tips?

Max Limited

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have the S-Type sitting in my garage. If it will ever stop raining on my days off!

Got a killer deal with Nick at Got Exhaust, he will treat you right.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the S-Type sitting in my garage. If it will ever stop raining on my days off!

Got a killer deal with Nick at Got Exhaust, he will treat you right.

Thank you for the kind words!

IanAtBorla

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello everyone! I just wanted to chime in and inform you that we do plan to release a front resonator option. The front resonator was designed as a solution for those who feel that their S-Type and ATAK systems are too loud. An ATAK with the front resonator would bring the sound close to our S-Type sound level and the S-Type would be brought down closer to our Touring sound. Thank you!

Max Limited

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Installed my S-Type and it is loud but I need to live with it for a while to se if it is "too" loud. Very interested in the front resonator you talk about. Does it fit with the current exhaust I have? When will it be available? Love my Borla Exhaust but quieter may be a better option and it appears you have already resolved that issue.

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Yes I wish I had known about the resonator before buying a second Borla exhaust system lol...

JohnK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Nick,

Can you send me a quote for the Touring Borla on my 2019 DT?

mhb1638

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the Borla Touring and to me, its still very loud. Looking for a resonator now....hoping Borla gets one out soon....

cobra_pr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nick,
Can you send me a quote for the Touring Borla on my 2019 DT?

i live in puerto rico

i just order a Ram 2019 sport black package the tips must be black i see 1022 free shipping can you have a better price of that?

R

Rogues Gambit

Hijacking

How loud would it be with: Touring/Catted Y-pipe/Shorties? Figure Type S is what I'd like, but then if you're gonna go full exhaust and got neighbors... (Not that I'm against loud, since during the summer, the Mustangs and Camaros in the neighborhood come out and play)

axial_pro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 w/ eTorque
PM sent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

j517

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had a borla on my tundra and it would not set off car alarms in a parking lot it had a little rumble. Then I bought a flow master and it set off every dam alarm in a parking lot. The alarms were being set off as I drove by.

The flow master had drone when I drove on the freeway, both mufflers were just muffler replacements. I am trying to figure this out.

Will the S type set off alarms in a parking lot when moving. I think the atak will do this with issues. I am an old fart now with a the mind and should of a 16 year old kid.

Thank you in advance.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk