Which Borla exhaust?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R

Rogues Gambit

I had a borla on my tundra and it would not set off car alarms in a parking lot it had a little rumble. Then I bought a flow master and it set off every dam alarm in a parking lot. The alarms were being set off as I drove by.

The flow master had drone when I drove on the freeway, both mufflers were just muffler replacements. I am trying to figure this out.

Will the S type set off alarms in a parking lot when moving. I think the atak will do this with issues. I am an old fart now with a the mind and should of a 16 year old kid.

Thank you in advance.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

Type S is in the middle

As I asked, will a touring with headers be just fine or will it be setting off alarms?

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The touring is pretty tame with a deep tone. Still lets you know its not stock and can get loud wot. it will not set off car alarms nor will the S.

Now the S with headers....are you planning on running high flow cats? If so I think it wont be obnoxiously loud and set off car alarms but it may be close. @Rogues Gambit let me know when your ready to go for a full set up.

FYI Borla is on sale this month!!!

j517

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The touring is pretty tame with a deep tone. Still lets you know its not stock and can get loud wot. it will not set off car alarms nor will the S.

Now the S with headers....are you planning on running high flow cats? If so I think it wont be obnoxiously loud and set off car alarms but it may be close. @Rogues Gambit let me know when your ready to go for a full set up.

FYI Borla is on sale this month!!!
I had jba ceramic coated headers on my tundra[emoji16].

Nick this is what I want to do:

Jba coated headers ( I don't know much about the Jba's now days coming back to a gas eng from a diesel).
Borla S Type or Attak
S&B could air intake

Do u think S type or Attak. The only reason I ask is because of the liberal idiots here with their noise laws now. It has gone viral and I don't feel like arguing with cops or judges of carb legalities etc. I spoke with borla tech support and they were not much help

I have my programmer from edge I m waiting for the tunes for the 19 to come out

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had jba ceramic coated headers on my tundra[emoji16].

Nick this is what I want to do:

Jba coated headers ( I don't know much about the Jba's now days coming back to a gas eng from a diesel).
Borla S Type or Attak
S&B could air intake

Do u think S type or Attak. The only reason I ask is because of the liberal idiots here with their noise laws now. It has gone viral and I don't feel like arguing with cops or judges of carb legalities etc. I spoke with borla tech support and they were not much help

I have my programmer from edge I m waiting for the tunes for the 19 to come out

couple questions. Long tubes or shorties? Cats or no cats? That will make a huge difference.

j517

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
couple questions. Long tubes or shorties? Cats or no cats? That will make a huge difference.
What ever is compatible to stock.

Most definitely will be leaving the cats I'm in cali emission laws are a pain in the asssssssss

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What ever is compatible to stock.

Most definitely will be leaving the cats I'm in cali emission laws are a pain in the asssssssss

so shorties and cats. Since you are in cali I would stick with the S. The ATAK is pretty loud and MIGHT give you issues with the recently more enforced exhaust decibel laws.

j517

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got ya thanx

Rambutz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sound and loudness to one person can be different to another. Think of the Touring as a slightly louder version of stock but can scream at WOT. S will do everything louder, idle, cruise, startup, WOT. ATAK is loud pretty much all the time. ATAK is most likely not for the person with a long commute or needs to worry about waking neighbors in the morning. It sounds amazing but isnt for everyone.

Let me know if you have any questions and message me if you would like a quote. We can get you set up with a discount!

your right about all you said abut the "atak",i have them on my.i dont drive much or very far.i am retired.it will wake everyone in the surrounding area.i wake up when i want;);).but like he said"Its not for everyone":eek: