which pad material used by MoPar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've searched thru most of the site, looking at every post that had questions about "which pad should I use", and seen all sorts of differing advice. I've also gotten conflicting advice from mechanics re ceramic vs semi metallic. One will say metallics wear out rotors, other will say ceramics wear out rotors. One will say ceramics fade more, one will say metallics are more fade prone. CONFUSION, CONFUSION!!
I'm inclined to go with whatever material Dodge used on my 2007 1500. But none of the posts I've read answer that question. Are the factory installed pads on a 2007 ceramic or semi met?

madtrucker2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ceramic,s need vented rotors to let the heat escape or they will not work properly. If you don't want O E M brake pads then look at Bendix pads cant go wrong. Remember you don't drive a race car.

Octane

Reaction score
I've searched thru most of the site, looking at every post that had questions about "which pad should I use", and seen all sorts of differing advice. I've also gotten conflicting advice from mechanics re ceramic vs semi metallic. One will say metallics wear out rotors, other will say ceramics wear out rotors. One will say ceramics fade more, one will say metallics are more fade prone. CONFUSION, CONFUSION!!
I'm inclined to go with whatever material Dodge used on my 2007 1500. But none of the posts I've read answer that question. Are the factory installed pads on a 2007 ceramic or semi met?
My Challenger had ceramic.Said to be easier on rotor wear than semi.My rotors wore fast. Changed to semi and rotors lasted longer.Brakes didnt grab quite as well,only a tiny bit.Had more pad dust ith semi too.I like semi.Will not run a ceramic based on my experience.