Which tire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Elevated 2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I am a bfg ko2 fan myself. If your worried about the ride drop the 20s and go down to 17in or 18in wheel. It will improve your ride even with 8 and 10ply

I agree Dinky! I have them on my truck now in the 35x12.5x17 and I went through some bad white out weather yesterday and they plowed straight ahead and I had no problem in 4 wheel auto with getting going when I was watching another Ram 1500 spinning his tires and going nowhere fast. My only issue was stopping at times as they do tend to slide at times even with newly upgraded brakes on my truck and about half-3/4 tread left on mine. The only thing I don't like is that the truck doesn't handle as well with the bigger sidewalls. If you tow or carry a lot of heavier loads, the 10 ply helps with the bigger loads.

Patrick Vaughan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Sport Crew Cab 4x4 Blacked Out
Engine
HEMI 5.7L Sport
BruiserRam is right is pretty spot on with his choices based on what I saw when researching tires. I went with the Nitto Ridge Grappler - they are expensive, about 375 a tire (35x12.5x20) but they look aggressive and seem to handle well. Just drove down to Northern Georgia and back to Illinois and the tires were great, handled great during a terrible IL winter also and make little to no noticeable road noise.

Jim113

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Longhorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
hey guys! This is my first truck with 20” wheels, what all terrain truck tire would you all recommend? I’m used to 8 and 10ply but heard the ride would be terrible. Are the Goodyear duratrac good tires? A friend of mine also recommended treadright but they are remolded. Please help a guy out!

I use the Cooper Discoverer AT/W all weather tires on mine ... I see you're in Colorado so lots of snow (I'm in Canada so we get it here too LOL) ... these Coopers carry the mountain and snowflake logo and are good for all year round use ... Good on the highway as well ... I'm on my second Ram and put these tires on both !

BrewCrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7L
Just put some General Grabber 275/65/20's on mine and they are amazing. Not too expensive at $276 a tire.

I drive up and down a mountain everyday for work and they seem incredibly durable and they are also 3 Peak rated tires with the option to add studs for snow.

billyw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If they were correctly balanced (and the road upon which there is vibration is smooth), there may be an internal problem with one of the tires... bad belt, etc. Those tires should not vibrate at any reasonable speed. If they do, then the dealer should replace them (unless they are out of warranty.
Agreed. The dealer is setting me up in a set of Ridge Grapplers, same size but P metric, per my choice. The Coopers were well behaved and quiet, aside from some harsh transitions (due to their LT rating) and that danged balancing issue. I had them balanced at 3 different shops just to make sure.

I definitely liked them.

Whammo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Two winters ago I got out of the stock Goodyears and my son in Montana drove year round with BFG KO2s. They've been a winner for me, ride is fine (43-44 psi all four corners) and they have worked well in snow, mud (currently) and are not to noisy on the highway. About 24,000 miles on them so far and they look pretty new...and I'm running 20s as well.

OP
OP
Tom Williams

Tom Williams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I have narrowed it down to the duratracs or the BFG KO2. Just gotta convince the wife lol

Tracy in IL

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 diesel
First a lesson on truck tires: "LT" size tires are your heavier truck tires, built for heavy duty towing, hauling, etc. They are also much heavier than "P" series tires, which are for more general purpose. P tires will get notable better gas mileage, be quieter, and give a better ride. That's what I use.
Per TIre Rack, the best All Terrain tire is the Firestone Destination AT (quiet, good wet/dry/snow traction, good braking). Close behind it was the Yokohama Geolander ATs, at $40 per tire cheaper. I went with the Yokohamas, and am completely happy with them. Oh, we had 50plus inches of snow here in Moline IL this year.

Tracy in IL

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 diesel
First a lesson on truck tires: "LT" size tires are your heavier truck tires, built for heavy duty towing, hauling, etc. They are also much heavier than "P" series tires, which are for more general purpose. P tires will get notable better gas mileage, be quieter, and give a better ride. That's what I use.
Per TIre Rack, the best All Terrain tire is the Firestone Destination AT (quiet, good wet/dry/snow traction, good braking). Close behind it was the Yokohama Geolander ATs, at $40 per tire cheaper. I went with the Yokohamas, and am completely happy with them. Oh, we had 50plus inches of snow here in Moline IL this year.

Tracy in IL

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 diesel

Tracy in IL

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 diesel

OzarksRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I just put a set of **** Cepek Trail Country EXPs in 295/70R17 on my 2500. Haven't seen many reviews on them in the HD platform but they were a lot cheaper so I tried them out. We'll see. So far they have much less howl than my MTs.

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
I just put a set of **** Cepek Trail Country EXPs in 295/70R17 on my 2500. Haven't seen many reviews on them in the HD platform but they were a lot cheaper so I tried them out. We'll see. So far they have much less howl than my MTs.
You gotta post pics of them. I was looking at those. I ran a set of cepek fun country's and they were great. Definitely and underrated company

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

OzarksRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Here's the truck after I got the tires and wheels. If you want a better shot of the tires just let me know.

IMG_1294.jpg

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Here's the truck after I got the tires and wheels. If you want a better shot of the tires just let me know.

View attachment 163192
How are you liking them? They're on my radar. Just contemplating tire size for my next set. I'm running 315s but with how much i drive I may step it back down a bit.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

OzarksRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I had them put on right before turkey season and everywhere I 've driven they have had really good grip. We've had lots of rain so all the farm roads have been really muddy. They've done better than I expected. They are surprisingly quiet too. Granted I was coming from a M/T so anything would seem quiet but with my exhaust I can barley hear them. They only get a slight hum past 65. Not the normal howl like a M/T. The only issue I'm having is getting my TPMS to read. Must be the aftermarket wheels. I think the shop is going to try a new set. I have not pulled anything heavy with them but I don't expect any issues there. Just hope they don't wear out too fast.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963