Which Tonneau cover would you get

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gdawg55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I really like my Truxedo X15Pro. Nice low profile and stays nice and tight.

HoustonRamGuy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the same deal. I like the security of a trifold but i have my bed open enough that the panel against the rear window was a deal breaker for me.

I have an undercover ultra flex trifold and it came with support bars one can use to prop it up so it doesn't lean against the cab. Here's a link to the vendor's site with a photo of what i'm referring to:

https://truck-hero.com/cache/ex_q80_w1280_h_undercover-ultra-flex-truck-bed-covers-gallery-5.jpg

One downside is that the cover is heavy. I don't mind the weight as it's a substantial piece of hardware that isn't going to break anytime soon. Another downside is price, however i'm hoping it'll last a decade so that won't be as much of an issue.

kyleb8077

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Rebel
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I went with the RetraxOne. On year 4 and no issues at all other than the seal/barrier where it lays on the bed sides. That needs to be replaced but I can't find one anywhere If anyone has any suggestions, it would be much appreciated. Still slides like it did when I got it. Nice to still be able to use the bed when I need it. Its not cheap but worth it IMO.

Team Horner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I went with the RetraxOne. On year 4 and no issues at all other than the seal/barrier where it lays on the bed sides. That needs to be replaced but I can't find one anywhere If anyone has any suggestions, it would be much appreciated. Still slides like it did when I got it. Nice to still be able to use the bed when I need it. Its not cheap but worth it IMO.

I'm looking at a RetraxPro MX right now. My only concern is the rear stake pocket. I know they make one that leaves them completely usable, but I'm trying to find something that covers that rear stake pocket completely. Does your RetraxOne cover the rear pocket?

Policeboss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L
I just purchased the Tuxedo X15. Like gdawg55 said it’s low profile and tight. It was the lowest profile I could find that would not take up bed space when rolled up. I like the way that it will roll up, unlatch and easily fit in the back seat of my crew cab if I need to put something large in the back. I also have a 5th wheel hitch that fits underneath without touching and will work with it rolled up. Overall I could not be happier.

Barry Chadwick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mopar has 15% off right now. The dealer gave me another 10% off because of where I purchased truck. With labor and tax the Mopar cover is 1200 ish.

MVIMG_20191008_121255.jpg

Mike Connor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do Not Buy the Lund! I have one, it's the hard tri-fold, plus a replacement. Behavior the same on both. The thing doesn't sit straight, always moves - no matter how many times I try to reset it. It just doesn't fit straight. I had a Truxedo hard roll up on my last truck, that was great. Tried saving some $ this time...bad decision by me.

56PW17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have an undercover ultra flex trifold and it came with support bars one can use to prop it up so it doesn't lean against the cab. Here's a link to the vendor's site with a photo of what i'm referring to:

https://truck-hero.com/cache/ex_q80_w1280_h_undercover-ultra-flex-truck-bed-covers-gallery-5.jpg

One downside is that the cover is heavy. I don't mind the weight as it's a substantial piece of hardware that isn't going to break anytime soon. Another downside is price, however i'm hoping it'll last a decade so that won't be as much of an issue.

i understand where u are coming from. I didnt like that it blocks the rear window. Not the fact that it leans on it.

gixxer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
It depends what you are after, bak makes some great hard covers.

I have the truxedo truxport. It's great however, if I could, I would have went with the low pro one. It can roll up and be unclipped. It also gives you more access to the top rails if needed.

JWARam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Get a one-piece solid cover from Undercover... best covers ever!!!

snoty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the Bakflip VP which is now discontinued. My only complaint is I have to lift the cover to close the tailgate but their newer ones you do not. I also have the BakBox which integrates nicely with storing things in the bed of the truck. My buddy just got the MX4 on his truck and it is very nice.

tcburch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2019 Laramie Longhorn, new body style, 5'7" bed. I've had two Extangs...the first was on my 2012 Laramie short-bed, was their standard tri-fold and it did a fairly good job at keeping leaks to a minimum after having to fuss with some additional gasket. The second, which I just purchased, is their Encore model, low profile, and has the locking/opening front panel which I wanted for access to items close to the bulkhead. Well, it's somewhat of a PITA to install the side rails/gutters and get them to seal and seat properly, but it can be done with a bit of fiddling...just make sure you follow the directions to the letter. First go around it leaked like a sieve around the outer seals. This isn't my first rodeo, so I expect some leakage, but even the gutters weren't catching everything and draining through the front (bulk head) provided drain assemblies. If all else fails, follow directions...right? Noticed that the illustrations showed end caps on the rear of the gutters. Found the problem to be the "end caps" at the back of the gutters were missing. Forehead slap...went back to the packing and cartons and could not locate them. Called Extang...I told the young lady in Customer Service that I must've misplaced them or threw them out with the dog...not sure which. She said (paraphrasing), "We don't pack the rear end caps with them." Excuse me? Why not? "We just assume everyone wants to let them drain into the bed and out through the tailgate." Really? Alrighty then. Long story short, I had to "purchase" two drain assemblies to make it all work in the end, not to mention how much additional gasket material it's taken. Moral...I paid $900++ for this setup when their less expensive model (and probably anybody's) tri-fold would have worked better at keeping the bulk of the moisture at bay in the first place. Judging by the other posts, I doubt I'll purchase another Extang...better alternatives for less money...

Tracy in IL

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 diesel
I love my Tuxedo low pro on my '17 1500 long bed ram boxes.
Just make sure they note ram boxes when they order it.