Which window replacement most expensive ? passenger or rear on 1500 - need to BREAK INTO MY TRUCK

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
I'm stuck. I locked my keys in my truck. What do I do? I post a question on a forum that I'm sure everyone is sitting in front of their computers reading just chomping at the bit ready to answer questions. Seriously? Call a tow truck/locksmith and have him unlock your vehicle. Break a window? Why in God's name would you even consider that?
Agree. Joins Oct 13th, asks a question, not a real bright one, but still a question. We never hear how he solved the issue. Had I realised that eforbit was a brand new poster before I posted I would have just skipped over this thread.

Ram1958

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wife locked my key in twice. Simple clothes hanger with 1/4 hook on end and slid down inside with exterior handle. Less than 3 minutes.

m25443

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Call and sign up for Uconnect, download the app, then remotely unlock the truck. Probably could even get a free trial period if needed.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I find it strange that so many vehicle owners only have one FOB

I can see a new or used vehicle dealer only giving you a single key, you owe them money & they are keeping a key for themselves, so they can hand it to a REPO Man when you default

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine

I can see a new or used vehicle dealer only giving you a single key, you owe them money & they are keeping a key for themselves, so they can hand it to a REPO Man when you default
That may be true but if u buy a used vehicle and don't insist they give u two fobs you are letting them off easy. It is a 400 buck touch to buy one yourself if u lose the first one and about 140 if u have a second one made while u still have the first one. So if u won't force the dealer at least be smart enough to get a second one when it is still relatively cheap.

Bob1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Locked myself out while fueling one morning. I now carry two fobs, one in each front pocket.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
Locked myself out while fueling one morning. I now carry two fobs, one in each front pocket.
I got 2 spare keys cut today at Lowes here in Edomnton today for 3 bucks each. It is all you need in your wallet or a mag case or pocket to get into the truck. Way less size than a second fob.

The 2020 and 2021 cannot be locked with the fob in the truck by hitting the door lock on the arm or the outside button, if u try the horn will sound three times and the door will unlock the first two times u try it, it will lock the third time, but you CAN LOCK it if you push down the lock tab or hit it with your elbow getting out. If the other 3 doors are locked u have a problem.

Last edited:

M2 Pilot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi, 383
Not so sure that you can get the rear slider installed. I don't know about other years but on the '96 that I had, a limb broke the rear slider during a hurricane. The slider wasn't available seperately, had to replace entire back window.

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Are you a real account or someone trying to break into someone's truck? I find it difficult to believe that someone would just break a window to get in unless it's for nefarious reasons especially when just about every towing service performs lockouts on a daily basis. If you lock your keys in the vehicle I find it too difficult to believe you would "be out for two or three days". Call AAA and they can get you someone out in a matter of a couple hours. Again something is very suspicious with this account. If I'm wrong about this account then I apologize but I doubt I am

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Yeah most people get at least 2 sets of keys and fobs regardless of new or used but how many do you carry with you at a time? Locking your keys in the vehicle happens more often than you'd think especially when you actually had to stick a key into the ignition switch. Nowadays with push button start and proximity fobs most fobs never leave our pockets so it really should be happening lol. I used to do a lot of lockouts and repo's when I was working at a shop

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
I got 2 spare keys cut today at Lowes here in Edomnton today for 3 bucks each. It is all you need in your wallet or a mag case or pocket to get into the truck. Way less size than a second fob.

The 2020 and 2021 cannot be locked with the fob in the truck by hitting the door lock on the arm or the outside button, if u try the horn will sound three times and the door will unlock the first two times u try it, it will lock the third time, but you CAN LOCK it if you push down the lock tab or hit it with your elbow getting out. If the other 3 doors are locked u have a problem.
My 2017 will auto unlock the doors if I try to lock the doors, then shut the door with the fob still inside. First time it did that it surprised me. I tried it again to make sure it wasn't an error and it did it again. Pretty smart Ram! My wife's 16 equinox can be locked with thr fob still inside it.

farout75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 L
DO NOT BRAKE A WINDOW! a lock smith is so much cheaper. If you have AAA its free.