Whipple 2.9 Help!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Glad you got it figured out. When PCMs go bad it can be a nightmare to actually find out that’s what it is.

88ROOK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Glad you got it figured out. When PCMs go bad it can be a nightmare to actually find out that’s what it is.

since it was probably a new PCM i would bet its not bad , it probably just needs to be gone over by an expert tuner

OP
OP
MaxSteel2013

MaxSteel2013

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
since it was probably a new PCM i would bet its not bad , it probably just needs to be gone over by an expert tuner

How so? (Just trying to learn)

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI

It’s a new PCM but it was also cracked open by HP tuners and modified to perform the unlock procedure. That’s likely what caused his issue.

OP
OP
MaxSteel2013

MaxSteel2013

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Regardless I'm happy as can be. This thing flies now. I'm ready to head off road now

ScLeCo

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Supercharged 426
I don't have a catch can setup at all. Recommendation?
I don't have any specific recommendations but a suggestion. On forced induction setups you don't want any restrictions in the crank case ventilation system. Meaning don't get a catch can with tiny lines and fittings. You want your engine to be able to BREATHE.
Edit:
I'm talking about -1 or -2 AN fittings and lines. You may also want to put in a check valve on the line going from your intake manifold to the catch can to avoid pressurizing the thing and then getting a bunch of **** spewed back into your manifold after a pull.

Last edited:

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I used to have the moroso set up but the lines were just to small and the can would fill up in less than 500km. I recently switched to a Mighty Mouse set up, that switches the ports so the PCV port is now taken from the oil fill cap, and the factory PCV port is left open as the breather.

It uses bigger hoses,bigger can and a better pcv valve and 1 way check valve so you don’t pressure up the can. Now I get barely anything in the can. I check it every 1000km and most of the time there’s barely anything in there. It’s not the cheapest set up but it works really well.

Cans like the moroso and BT work great in a factory set up, but with forced induction you really should have the best breathing can you can get, so the factory sized lines really don’t cut it.

JHayez1911

US NAVY (RET)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't have a catch can setup at all. Recommendation?
I believe allot of guys are running the billet technology catch can. I got one on order. It’s been on order for about a month and it’s looking like it’s going to be another 4-6 week wait. I gotta see that thing run one day soon.

88ROOK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How so? (Just trying to learn)

as i stated in one of my earlier posts. was getting crazy codes, truck wouldnt start or keep running, hemifever contacted HP tuners and got it figured out with a new tune and been happy since. Must have been some glitch in the initial programming of the PCM throwing codes

OP
OP
MaxSteel2013

MaxSteel2013

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What have you guys done with your trans for longevity with boost?

OP
OP
MaxSteel2013

MaxSteel2013

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
as i stated in one of my earlier posts. was getting crazy codes, truck wouldnt start or keep running, hemifever contacted HP tuners and got it figured out with a new tune and been happy since. Must have been some glitch in the initial programming of the PCM throwing codes

Funny Whipple wouldn't contact HP because they insisted the tune only touches MAP and fuel and wouldn't cause the codes.

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
What have you guys done with your trans for longevity with boost?

I haven’t done anything with the trans, I’ve left it alone and it’s been fine. If you do any tuning with it, make sure you leave some of the torque management in, it’s what helps it to live.

88ROOK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Funny Whipple wouldn't contact HP because they insisted the tune only touches MAP and fuel and wouldn't cause the codes.

all the codes i was throwing had to do with fuel sensors, there was like 5 in total

OP
OP
MaxSteel2013

MaxSteel2013

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
all the codes i was throwing had to do with fuel sensors, there was like 5 in total

My only fuel related code was because the fuel pressure sensor wasn't fully seated and snapped in. So a tune wouldn't fix my issues