Whipple kits for 6.4 sipping in July!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 kit will fit a 6.4 engine...

Sent from my SM-G981W using Tapatalk

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
5.7 kit will fit a 6.4 engine...
having a 6.4 2500 with a Whipple supercharger would be really tempting, not for speed but to add some low end torque. Although with the $$ for a Whipple puts it in the same range as a CTD, but wouldn't get as much low end :-(
Before I was ready to buy the truck I have now, I looked into a Ford F150 5.0l and adding the Roush SC. One bonus of going that route, it still has the full Ford factory warranty and it's local :-D

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
I've got the 6.4 challanger engine in my ram 1500. Everything 5.7 fits the 6.4l so the Superxharger will too.

Sent from my SM-G981W using Tapatalk

WY.Ram

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Yes, but you have to ditch the 6.4 factory EGR setup.
That big ol hunk a **** could probably be relocated. Ya? Total pita, coolant lines and exhaust piping all the way back to the EGR valve from the relocation point But what the hell, Anything to be blown! And even more so daily (driver). EGR relocate would be way easier then what I tried last time - married. [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787] (but she's an exceptional pita)

In all seriousness, I think it could it be a feasible approach, not for the faint of heart for sure, but to get it out of the way for a super charger, I'd move mine if I needed to pass emissions and had a Whipple to install.

That'd be a great DIY thread, a first on YouTube also. Oh the clicks just from the peeps who wanna learn more about it could make someone heavy in the pockets.

I am at a loss for thoughts on why FCA made the 6.4l 2500 such a complete pain in the ass to modify. I mean from the encrypted ecu, to the 216F one of a kind thermostat, an EGR right down mainstreet and other configurations that escape me at the moment, to having two different 6.4l and most info available is for 'the other one', Aight, done fret'n, I love mine and if it were easy or cheap well then how would I spend my time? Thank goodness ours aren't either of those! [emoji854][emoji849][emoji849]

'16 Wagon Greene tune feed'n & fire'n 6.4L with 6spd 5.13 AAM, 37" KM3, -12mm Fuels Thuren Overland, DOR, Purple Cranium CAI, ARH, Solo Mach44 z36, EBC Custom vinyl AVS, 4% tint Morimoto, Rigid, Diode Dynamics AlfaOBD, Diablo, Nanny Kill, Locker bypass .................