Whipple time

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NDanecker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Old thread but looking for an update on the truck. Had a '18 Trackhawk and miss the torque, power and of course whine with the aftermarket CAI but couldn't live with a SUV (I'm a truck guy). Looking to Whipple my '19 even though it will be no where near the RamCat when they get released. Plus - I'm sure those will be north of 100k filled with options --- not worth it IMO.

Thanks!

NDanecker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am working with a local tune shop and we're doing a Whipple, custom tune, trans tune, headers, heads, cam, long tube headers, stroker crank, rods, pistons and some other stuff. Should be done mid-January. Looking forward to the outcome. Will post pics and details if anyone is interested. Target is 550 to 600 rwhp.

OP
OP
Tach_tech

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I am working with a local tune shop and we're doing a Whipple, custom tune, trans tune, headers, heads, cam, long tube headers, stroker crank, rods, pistons and some other stuff. Should be done mid-January. Looking forward to the outcome. Will post pics and details if anyone is interested. Target is 550 to 600 rwhp.

Sounds awesome, that’s a pretty attainable goal with that list. Just the whipple on its own will do 500whp.

OP
OP
Tach_tech

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
IMHO should be north of 800
Jay

Depending on boost level, that’s definitely attainable. Hope he’s doing more than just a tune to the tranny, cause the 8hp70 is tough but not that tough.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I was just guessing compared to Matt's mod's and he is north of 1000, although Matt's is a 422 strorker.
Jay

NDanecker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was thinking north of 800 crank also but Matt (tuner) thinks 550 to 600 wheel (which is what...688 to 750 crank?). I believe the limiting factor is the 6 rib belt setup. A dedicated 8 or 10 rib is almost $3k which I may do but for now I'm looking to see how much boost we can make before belt starts slipping. I believe he said 11psi is our target. Anything more and the we'll see belt slip.

I don't plan to track the truck. Its a daily driver and weekend tow vehicle, and the knows this so he may be tuning on the safe side. His dyno can can simulate towing / grades so we can see how hot she gets and how much detonation under load. Running on 93 pump gas (no e85).

He is documenting the whole build so I'll be sure to post pics with a final parts list when done.