Whistle after shutting ignition off.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gottabdcheese

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi w/etorque
Noticed a whistling noise about 20 seconds after I turn the truck off. It occurs with the doors open or closed. Didn’t see anything else similar posted. Anyone seen or heard this noise?

Ohio5pt7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Had a few cars do that in the past. The whistle whistle was really noticeable under heavy throttle. Oh wait..... sorry had to. Anyway vacuum line?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Gottabdcheese

Gottabdcheese

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi w/etorque
Had a few cars do that in the past. The whistle whistle was really noticeable under heavy throttle. Oh wait..... sorry had to. Anyway vacuum line?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
We’ll see. Taking it in next week.

gustheram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Had an '05 Expedition that did something similar. You could hear it yodeling from a couple hundred feet away. Service department always said it was something with the A/C depressurizing or something like that but they never could fix it. Luckily it didn't yodel the day we traded it after only 2 years because it was so obnoxious. Hope your noise gets fixed.

TcRoc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mine does it on sometimes, pretty sure its the A/C

Angry Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012-2019
Engine
Hemi 5.7
yeah mine does that too . its Annoying

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Maybe its the neighbor liking your truck. :33:

Haha yeah they are just showing how much they like your truck by whistling at it in a very odd fashion.

Glenn54

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
My Ram did it a couple of times a few days ago. Not that big of a deal but I'd like to know what it is.

TBode

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My truck is making this exact noise after I turn it off. It’s currently at the dealership getting checked out. I captured it on video and showed it to all of them. For some reason they can not replicate it. Seems like it happens now every single time I turn my truck off.

NorthStar1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 1500 Big Horn/Lone Star 4x2 Crew
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
I have it on my from time to time too. Service Manager looked at me like I lost my mind and they cannot replicate it when it is in the shop. Ramcare is if no use. So I just tell the old lady it is an option I paid for - my truck whistling at her as she walks away.