Whistle noise under hood

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ClassicRamSLT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
Hello everyone, new to the forum.
I have a 2021 Ram classic slt v6 4x4 and recently noticed a whistle noise under the hood. It starts when the truck is warmed up and disappears when I accelerate. Ive checked the belt and poured water on it, ive opened the oil cap thinking maybe its related to the pcv valve and the noise continues. My truck only has 4500 kilometers.
Im taking it in on Wednesday. Anyone experience this issue? Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Hello everyone, new to the forum.
I have a 2021 Ram classic slt v6 4x4 and recently noticed a whistle noise under the hood. It starts when the truck is warmed up and disappears when I accelerate. Ive checked the belt and poured water on it, ive opened the oil cap thinking maybe its related to the pcv valve and the noise continues. My truck only has 4500 kilometers.
Im taking it in on Wednesday. Anyone experience this issue? Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Vaccum leak somewhere. Or maybe a loose fitting in the air intake. Check to make sure the air filter and housing are seated properly and check to make sure the throttle body is properly secured to the intake manifold (mine was loose from the factory).