Whistle Noise?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
On the way home from the dealer we noticed a whistling noise at 60-70mph...any one have this issue yet? It is very high pitched and I wouldn't expect everyone to be able to hear this fq.

iLLeStEyECoN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Sounds like it’s coming from the driver side window, right? I’ve heard it a couple of times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

troutspinner

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My truck has that issue. I believe it to be from the passenger side vent. If I press the recirculate button on the AC and then press it again, the noise goes away. I think the internal flaps of the AC system are not fully seating until I do the trick if you will.

Doxmia

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I haven't heard a whistling noise specifically but I have noticed there is a bit more wind noise in this vehicle than coming from a '17 F-150. Hard to pin point exactly but I would guess either rear or possibly the dual pane sun/moonroof.

Bcovish

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I haven't heard a whistling noise specifically but I have noticed there is a bit more wind noise in this vehicle than coming from a '17 F-150. Hard to pin point exactly but I would guess either rear or possibly the dual pane sun/moonroof.
I thought the same thing. I think it’s coming from the pillar between the side windows. Whenever I pass a car it gets pretty loud in that one spot. I investigated that last weekend and plan on using some dampener in that pillar.

OP
OP
A

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My truck has that issue. I believe it to be from the passenger side vent. If I press the recirculate button on the AC and then press it again, the noise goes away. I think the internal flaps of the AC system are not fully seating until I do the trick if you will.

BINGO. Not sure if the dealer can even fix this or if it will fix itself over time, besides this I find the truck extremely quiet.

troutspinner

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 Hemi
BINGO. Not sure if the dealer can even fix this or if it will fix itself over time, besides this I find the truck extremely quiet.

I’ve often thought about tearing the dash apart to get to the control that operates the vent flaps and hitting them with some oil. Don’t know if it would work but I would bet it’s an easy fix....I just haven’t been bored enough to attempt it yet. ;)

Doxmia

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I thought the same thing. I think it’s coming from the pillar between the side windows. Whenever I pass a car it gets pretty loud in that one spot. I investigated that last weekend and plan on using some dampener in that pillar.

Let me know how that goes.

Kevin C

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Definitely going to try this next time it happens in mine.

warv3t

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
mine is super quiet and I'm trying not to be nick picky .....but I either hear wind noise or tire noise. Nothing that's concerning....nothing concerning about tires specifically. Occasionally I swear the noise cancellation makes me swallow ----like on an airplane to clear my ears. But maybe it's these retired military tinnitus ears :)

Truth be told, if I stop reading the forum, I prob wouldn't notice one dang thing lol ............BTW, I only hear those things when I turn the AC off and the music off and purposely try to "listen" .........otherwise, my music sounds too good to hear any wind noise :)

Brandi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 L Diesel
I bought my truck the end of December, brand new. It has a really loud whistle that starts anywhere from 55-75 mph. It’s been at the dealer three times. The last time they told me they were going to have to pull the dash out to TRY and fix the noise. This is the same truck that at 7500 miles had a rear main seal crack and leak, and also will not stay aligned. It’s my first Dodge, and I love it...but at the same time am regretting it. Brand new vehicles shouldn’t have this many problems.

dlromo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
recently started hearing that damn whistle, pressing the air circ button makes it go away IF the ac\heat is on, if not you just gotta turn the radio up, added this to my "cons" list

i'm at 9k miles

just realized this is a 5th gen thread, still sucks

Last edited:

MrDazana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
On the way home from the dealer we noticed a whistling noise at 60-70mph...any one have this issue yet? It is very high pitched and I wouldn't expect everyone to be able to hear this fq.

I had the same issue in my truck 2016 rebel. It ended up being the gasket around the re-circulaltion door was warped. They replaced it and the problem is no longer there

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
mine has been quiet until a week ago on the highway in west texas there was a pretty strong cross-wind and I got some annoying whistle at my driver side door on every gust. after I got home I looked all around the door and couldnt find anything wrong with rubber seals and couldnt see any way to adjust the door latch to make it shut a little tighter so will have dealer look at it during next recall fix.

KQQLCAT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had that, there is a buliten for this. They had to remove dash and cut down some foam insulation. Evidently they put too much in and it expanded and the fresh air whistles by it.